Germany Conquered in 1942

Share here your best strategies! Or your failures ...
klzlueylx

Germany Conquered in 1942

Post by klzlueylx »

[&:]It's against Historical AI again. The problem of axis AI is it keeps looking for the best combat ratio, so keep moving his units to let the highest CombatValue in position. But moving costs effiency, so no attack is made seriously, just keep moving.

in This game, German attacked France in Spring of 1940, historically. But as the AI cant organize a decent ratio to attack, it's far-est advance is Arras. this line kept until May,42.

And as he didnt conquer france in time, Hungary\Italy\Romania kept their nuetral status. By May,8,1942, the first clear weather, UK,USA and France got their invasion started in Denmark, as Armsterdam is under heavy garison. At the same time, USSR completed it's war preparation, the Thunderstorm Plan "гроза план " was activated.

AI didnot prepare such an attack from USSR, that is what i can understand. But even after that, it still unwilling to have it's units backward to guard it's eastern terriory, which causes a almost unstoppable USSR massive attack. By the end of July, Berlin is already in USSR's controllance, and the last city of Germany is taken in Dec.42.

AI really need to be adjusted.

Oh, after defeat Germany, their is no any axis country, but I seems still need to wait until August,45 to end this game, that is quite strange. I'll get a UK\USA loss, even Axis was totally crashed.

Attachments
2020042421..29579.jpg
2020042421..29579.jpg (198.73 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Victory at all costs.
klzlueylx

RE: Germany Conquered in 1942

Post by klzlueylx »

oh i used Panzermike's Scorched Earth MOD, it's a great module, highly recommended. Thank you!
Victory at all costs.
kennonlightfoot

Post by kennonlightfoot »

AI in these type games are very marginal. There to many choices for a scripted AI to do anything realistic. You can get a "balanced" game by giving the AI lots of bonuses but it still won't use them in any kind of logical way. Just makes them harder to kill. AI is only handy for learning the game interface and testing what units can do.
Kennon
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Usually in strategic WW2 games it's only worth playing against the AI if they're playing the allies, and then usually only for the first few years
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Then I must be really bad,because the Allied AI is kicking my ass
kennonlightfoot

Post by kennonlightfoot »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

If it is you are probably making some fundamental error in setting up your forces. It is hard to say what without knowing a lot more about how your campaign went. Also, if you gave the AI Bonuses sometimes it can just out produce you.
Kennon
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

True, the AI does not properly dig its units. It can be a real surprise against a human opponent.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
boldairade

Post by boldairade »

you mean they just get experience from early fighting? or does it speed up soviet reinforcement?
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

I just comment this very true sentence:
The problem of axis AI is it keeps looking for the best combat ratio, so keep moving his units to let the highest CombatValue in position

Moving units prevent them to dig in. As such, this is very easy to break the frontline of the AI. Against a human, this is much more harder due to this.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: kennonlightfoot

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

If it is you are probably making some fundamental error in setting up your forces. It is hard to say what without knowing a lot more about how your campaign went. Also, if you gave the AI Bonuses sometimes it can just out produce you.
My first playthrough took me till October 40 to defeat france,but current game France defeated end of June 40

Return to “War Room”