Upgrading vehicles

Moderator: Vic

sw30

Upgrading vehicles

Post by sw30 »

How do people handle the upgrading of vehicles? I find even replacing 50 buggies to be difficult when on sealed roads at the end of my expansion. So that means either bringing the units back closer to my bases or adding a rail network. option 1 takes hte unit out for multiple turns, option 2 is hella expensive. Are there any other way to do this? Is it any easier with the new logistics in the beta?
boomboomf22

RE: Upgrading vehicles

Post by boomboomf22 »

I find that I just use old vehicles until they are destroyed in combat and then replace them with new models
gmsitton

Post by gmsitton »

I agree unless my old vehicles are way outclassed or else I'm very rich.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Which does not answer his question because what he wrote says he does get replacements either.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
sw30

Post by sw30 »

replacing 10 at a time is doable, on some of the fronts that I have. Others, by the time that the road reaches the end, have < 100 log points, which is nominally enough for a replacement/upgrade of 10 vehicles a turn, but not if you count supplies and fuel...
hugh04

Post by hugh04 »

Best reason to replace and upgrade vehicles is if you have seasoned or veteran troops. If the vehicle is destroyed you lose the good soldier and replacements are green troops. If you upgrade that nasty veteran he gets the best tool and becomes even better.
lloydster4

Post by lloydster4 »

When you outrun your supply lines, you either stop running or make longer supply lines. If you're pushing up a road with less than 100 LP, then you're not upgrading anything.

Return to “War Room”