Guess Which Tab I Want To See

Moderator: Vic

tinjaw

Guess Which Tab I Want To See

Post by tinjaw »

If I am clicking on a hex with military units in it but no assets, and I have the assets tab open, assume that I want the unit info tab opened. And vice versa. If I was just looking at a military unit on the info tab, and I click on a hex that has no military units, but does have an asset, assume that I want to see the asset tab.
Shards

RE: Guess Which Tab I Want To See

Post by Shards »

Slightly risky, as if I'm touring around looking for Assets, and happen to click on empty tiles/army tiles, then the tab is switched away outside of my command?
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

Slightly risky, as if I'm touring around looking for Assets, and happen to click on empty tiles/army tiles, then the tab is switched away outside of my command?

Understood, but two things.

1) If I am looking for assets, I probably have unit counters turned off. That can additionally be taken into account.

2) Even if it is a "wrong guess", overall the times it would be a "right guess" would be higher. So in the long run it is better to manually override your "exception" than to not guess at all.
lloydster4

Post by lloydster4 »

The bottom-tab is the most cumbersome part of the UI. There's a lot of information down there. I kind of like your idea of connecting the bottom-tab to the map mode.
eddyvegas

Post by eddyvegas »

OK that's a really good idea. You just have to call it SmartKlik™ technology. ""The game SENSES what you want to see and displays the correct screen, AUTOMATICALLY!"

Seriously, that's brilliant. Please make it so.
Alcatar

Post by Alcatar »

Not sure new players will always hide unit counters (I don't always do it for a start), which I fear would lead to frustration as per Shard's reply.
eddyvegas

Post by eddyvegas »

You could even sell smartKlik™ technology for $19.95 on TV. And, if you order now, we'll throw in a second SmartKlik ABSOLUTELY FREE! Now how much would you pay? But wait, there's still more! We'll even throw in FREE SHIPPING!

Supplies are limited, so you need to call now! 1-800-BUY-STUFF

Don't delay! Act today!

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”