Game Designer Option Preferences Broke

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Mark Breed

Game Designer Option Preferences Broke

Post by Mark Breed »

I have repeated had to reset the Game Designer Option Preferences in my scenario whenever I make any changes to it. They refuse to stay set. Why can't you just set them once!

This is very frustrating.
larryfulkerson

RE: Game Designer Option Preferences Broke

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Mark Breed
I have repeated had to reset the Game Designer Option Preferences in my scenario whenever I make any changes to it. They refuse to stay set. Why can't you just set them once!

This is very frustrating.
I need more details to properly help you. Which preferences specifically? All of them? Please explain what you are experiencing. I am guessing that you are editing a scenario and you set the preferences you want and save your scenario after you have made your changes but when you open the scenario in the game none of them are set? Something like that?
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

Here is the situation. I set the Game Designer Option Preference in the scenario editor. I save the scenario. The next day, I go into the scenario editor and make changes (i.e. Zone 2 setting, Supply Depot placement and value input). I check the Game Designer Option Preference and I find that the ALL of the preferences previously set and saved are now back to the "Do Not Care" setting. Note, I did not make any changes to the preferences from the previous day's save. It appears that whenever I make changes to the scenario (which ones that trigger it are unknown as I have had this happen multiple times) the Option Preferences change to "Do Not Care" and have to be reset.

Regards,
Mark
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I just now did a test using 4.1.0.40 and I couldn't duplicate what you're seeing. My changes were saved from one session to the next. What version of the game engine are you using?

EDIT: I just now did a test using 4.1.0.23 and it worked fine again. I have no idea what you're doing wrong or what's going on with the game engine you're using. Can you post a copy of the scenario in question so I can play with it?
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen way too much.

See attached.
Attachments
YankeePride.zip
(209.34 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

Be sure to check the full paths that you are saving to and loading from. There are multiple possible destinations now supported, and you may be saving in one place and loading an older version from somewhere else.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

This may be what he’s talking about.

If you set the advanced game options and then leave them alone between edits, they should remain as set. You can verify that they are correctly set by checking them as the game is being loaded for play.

If during editing you go to the advanced game options menu the game seems to automatically reset them to the default settings. They then must then be reset and saved before game play.

Regards
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

If during editing you go to the advanced game options menu the game seems to automatically reset them to the default settings. They then must then be reset and saved before game play.
I could not duplicate the problem you gentlemen are having. I downloaded your scenario zip file and I changed the preferences in the scenario editor then saved the scenario and then closed everything down and then restarted the scenario editor and loaded the scenario and looked at the preferences and they were perfect. So I left the advanced scenario preferences dialog and went to a different dialog and then went back to the advanced scenario preferences dialog again and the preferences were still perfect. All of this is with 4.1.0.40

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (216.91 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

This may be what he’s talking about.

If you set the advanced game options and then leave them alone between edits, they should remain as set. You can verify that they are correctly set by checking them as the game is being loaded for play.

Regards

BINGO! However, it doesn't happen every time.

Return to “Tech Support”