Help

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

olsta

Help

Post by olsta »

I'm buying metal to build stuff only to see that through private trading my nation is selling metal to traders.

Is this private buying and selling something that should not concern me as they have their own stocks and can do what they like mainly?

Cheers guys.

Vhalor

RE: Help

Post by Vhalor »

Exactly, nothing to concern yourself with.
"Pull and obtain wisdom. Push and invite ruin." ― Cult of LIS
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: olsta

I'm buying metal to build stuff only to see that through private trading my nation is selling metal to traders.

Is this private buying and selling something that should not concern me as they have their own stocks and can do what they like mainly?

Cheers guys.

It sounds like you got Private Metal Assets (wich includes scavengers). If you need metal, Nationalize those.
No point wasting credits with the traders, if you got the resources already there.

While Private assets will give you some kickbacks, it is usually a minisculre fraction of what they get out of the hex.
olsta

Post by olsta »

Yeah they are Private Assets, which I should have Nationalised long ago dammit now that you say it.

Not sure which Youtuber it was, but I think he said Nationalising is a last resort and a big move, or something.

Oh well, that'll teach me for taking their advice as gospel. Live and learn.

Cheers zgrssd and Vhalor.

zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: olsta

Yeah they are Private Assets, which I should have Nationalised long ago dammit now that you say it.

Not sure which Youtuber it was, but I think he said Nationalising is a last resort and a big move, or something.

Oh well, that'll teach me for taking their advice as gospel. Live and learn.

Cheers zgrssd and Vhalor.

Nationalizing does cost a decent chunk of money and damages population happiness temporarily.
But especially with a scavenger* and limited resources, it is basically a nessesity.

*Scavengers give Rare Metals, wich can usually be sold at 5 Credits per units with the traders - often enough to pay for a nationalisation.
olsta

Post by olsta »

Good to know, thanks
Vhalor

Post by Vhalor »

Last I checked, nationalizing the scavenger assets sadly wasn't too useful as it actually gives you a lot less metal and fuel compared to when it was public for some reason. And while you do get some rare metals, it's such a low amount that it doesn't seem worthwhile.

You do want to always nationalize the truck stations though, that's certainly true!

Actually tested nationalizing the scavenger assets a few times, seems to be pretty random what you can get from it. So I guess, you could gamble. Seems like it can end up with a good amount of rare metals sometimes.
"Pull and obtain wisdom. Push and invite ruin." ― Cult of LIS
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: Vhalor

Last I checked, nationalizing the scavenger assets sadly wasn't too useful as it actually gives you a lot less metal and fuel compared to when it was public for some reason.
Nationalizing turns it from a Private to a Public asset.
And the only way that math works out, is if you mixed up Public and Private Income. Or added them.

And again: Rare Metals regulary sell for 5 Units each. So 100 of them is 500 Credits.

Return to “Shadow Empire”