1.04 Logistics partially broken if you don't start a new game

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

concern

1.04 Logistics partially broken if you don't start a new game

Post by concern »

I'm assuming this is an issue for desperately continuing my "1% away from winning" 1.03 beta 9 game. I can no longer send colonists anywhere. It keeps telling me I have zero logistics points, despite having a robust network. I'm also seeing strange logistic points distribution on the network as well.

Shouldn't matter. I'll push this game through the next 1% victory score, take my trophy and hope a new game under 1.04 has the logistics bugs fixed.

Great game, great community. Let's keep it going.
mek42

RE: 1.04 Logistics partially broken if you don't start a new game

Post by mek42 »

Truck stations were nerfed in 1.04. Could this be it?
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: mek42

Unlikely. Buildings and even road changes require a new save.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: concern

I'm assuming this is an issue for desperately continuing my "1% away from winning" 1.03 beta 9 game. I can no longer send colonists anywhere. It keeps telling me I have zero logistics points, despite having a robust network. I'm also seeing strange logistic points distribution on the network as well.

Shouldn't matter. I'll push this game through the next 1% victory score, take my trophy and hope a new game under 1.04 has the logistics bugs fixed.

Great game, great community. Let's keep it going.
You are going to need to be a lot more specific then "does not work".
Ideally show us a image of your bottleneck or current. Consider that humans weight 5 "Logistics Capacity" per 100.

When people say they got "a robust system", it usually turns out they have been running past capacity for 10 turns, only now finally realizing what load they put onto their few trucks.[:D]
Destragon

Post by Destragon »

ORIGINAL: mek42

I think the only logistics change that applies to old save games is the branching penalty.
If you have a spiderweb of roads, this could hit you pretty hard. You can use traffic signs to pretty much nullify the penalty though (which is probably the main reason for why I dislike this change).
jimwinsor

Post by jimwinsor »

Colonists can be settled in your capital for no logistics, see if that works?
Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd
lloydster4

Post by lloydster4 »

Just start a new game
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: lloydster4

Just start a new game
That would not help him fix his issues with making a longerterm working supply System.

He asumes that it is 1.04 causing those issues - despite never causing anything of the sort in the beta - instead of the much more likely that he messed up.
lloydster4

Post by lloydster4 »

ORIGINAL: zgrssd
He asumes that it is 1.04 causing those issues - despite never causing anything of the sort in the beta - instead of the much more likely that he messed up.

Lol, he did well enough to win the game. There were some significant changes to Logistics in the patch, and not all of them take effect when loading a previous save.

Rather than trying to reverse engineer a broken system with a mixed ruleset, it would be more productive to start from scratch.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: lloydster4

Lol, he did well enough to win the game. There were some significant changes to Logistics in the patch, and not all of them take effect when loading a previous save.

Rather than trying to reverse engineer a broken system with a mixed ruleset, it would be more productive to start from scratch.
"It worked fine" is what we always read in the supply discussions.
It is nice that the system once "worked fine" for under 4000 Logistics useage. Your reality changed to a 6000 useage.

The only change that even made it into older savegames, is the branching penalty. Every building and even the roads are part of the savegame.
In this case, we have 0 data to even identify the issue.
And too many times to count, where it turned out to have been the poster.
lloydster4

Post by lloydster4 »

In this case, we have 0 data to even identify the issue.
And too many times to count, where it turned out to have been the poster.

I appreciate your passion. There is a larger war to be fought on behalf of logistics, but I think you'd agree that this particular terrain is poorly suited for battle.
WCG

Post by WCG »

Yeah, my preview logistics map is showing complete disaster for me next turn. I'd really like to continue my game - my first - since it's gotten quite exciting. But on the other hand, I'm always tempted by the prospect of seeing a new planet... (In most games, I'm continually tempted to start over, just to try something new. I've been trying to resist that, here.)

But whew! I've struggled throughout the game to get enough logistics anyway. If they've nerfed this stuff that much, it's going to be a nightmare! But a fun nightmare, presumably. [:)]

KingHalford

Post by KingHalford »

I've also had a game broken by the latest betas, with some unusual logistics error affected every asset in a zone. I think I'm going to wait for a few weeks before starting any new games now, to wait for this quick-fire patching to end.
Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: KingHalford

I've also had a game broken by the latest betas, with some unusual logistics error affected every asset in a zone. I think I'm going to wait for a few weeks before starting any new games now, to wait for this quick-fire patching to end.
1.03 release: 12th June
1.04 release: 29th June

Not quite sure what "quick fire patching" you are talking about. That is over two weeks. Therea are YouTubers that can finish a Multiplayer game in less time[:)]
Unless you are playing the beta. In wich case ... you are choosing to play the beta!
Destragon

Post by Destragon »

ORIGINAL: WCG

Yeah, my preview logistics map is showing complete disaster for me next turn. I'd really like to continue my game - my first - since it's gotten quite exciting. But on the other hand, I'm always tempted by the prospect of seeing a new planet... (In most games, I'm continually tempted to start over, just to try something new. I've been trying to resist that, here.)

But whew! I've struggled throughout the game to get enough logistics anyway. If they've nerfed this stuff that much, it's going to be a nightmare! But a fun nightmare, presumably. [:)]
Like I wrote above, I think the only logistics change that affects ongoing games is the branching penalty. The other nerfs to truck stations only seem to apply to games that are created on version 1.04.
Do you have a spiderweb-like logistics network with many branches or loops? If yes, try using the traffic signs to make your logistics travel in one line as much as possible, minimise the branches.
Maybe post a screenshot of your preview overlay.
WCG

Post by WCG »

ORIGINAL: Destragon

Like I wrote above, I think the only logistics change that affects ongoing games is the branching penalty. The other nerfs to truck stations only seem to apply to games that are created on version 1.04.

It turned out that preview map overlay was a bit pessimistic. [:)] Apparently, the game had a problem estimating how much of a change a new version would make. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

But I started a new game, anyway. I wanted to try version 1.04 with a fresh start.

Return to “Shadow Empire”