Diplomacy targets waaay to hard.

Moderator: Vic

Bainin

Diplomacy targets waaay to hard.

Post by Bainin »

I got an issue in my main game i have 2 Major neighbours one at friends with 100 relation and another at cold with 60 relation,
I can not get a non agressive pact with the friendly one they used to have a faction in power that let me ally them BUT it was a 240 target like how the hell am i supposed to do that??

The even more upsetting part is my new Major neighbour with cold additude is also impossible to influence because the difficulty for Provocation is 125 (much more doable) BUT my Foreign Affairs guy only gets a +12 despite having almost 40 charisma a Propaganda assistant and 8 ranks in Diplomacy and shadow Dipmlomat/Shadow Spy both don't affect that bonus either and failing the roll does not cause atleast half the Effect.

So i can not even sour the relations and i would need to take

8d10 Happiness damage
2d10 Loyalty damage
1d10 Political dmg
and a increase in fist while pissing off a lot of my staff just to attack them.

Like why is there even diplomacy if i can not do any of it despite having a pretty decent diplo guy, the same rediculus rolls are required for minors but even with a +75 from shadow dip i have less then a 5% chance to do even a protectorate with a 100 relation minor

Also as someone who plays a lot of Pathfinder and other Tabletop games a d100 is one of the most uncomfortable dice to roll like why is that the go to?.
Bainin

RE: Diplomacy targets waaay to hard.

Post by Bainin »

Great now 2 turns later im no closer to attack the Major i wanted to but the other major made a 180 moved its troops at my border and is now cold and about to break out war with me.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

The difficulty was 240, because he was already considering attacking you.
"Unwillingess of the AI" is realized by a really high difficulty.

But that does mean you can intentionally fail/crit fail a roll to make sure your relations drop...

"BUT my Foreign Affairs guy only gets a +12 despite having almost 40 charisma a Propaganda assistant and 8 ranks in Diplomacy and shadow Dipmlomat/Shadow Spy both don't affect that bonus either and failing the roll does not cause atleast half the Effect. "
Being at 8 skill, means he only got to use 40% of that Charisma Score. The Shadow guys also only affect a specific roll, not all rolls - the description is ambigious, but the talent the grant is precise.
Bainin

Post by Bainin »

Ispecifically mentioned that the diplomacy actions to worsen relations did not work even if i failed it did not do half or any amount.

Also even if my dude was better at his job like my espionage guy who has a +100 (which is pretty incredible tbh) the targets any diplo action requires is almost undoable be it minor or major, they would need a bit of a cut or atleast not use d100 anymore.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Note that Provocation Stratagem uses the Intimidate Skill Roll.

Failure does not give half effect either on that Stratagem, but no effect.

Which Stratagem gives you the impression a failure will still have half the effect?

Please post reply in Tech support if you would be so kind. I check that subforum more often.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: Bainin

Ispecifically mentioned that the diplomacy actions to worsen relations did not work even if i failed it did not do half or any amount.
I was talking about picking one of the "improove relations" options or "sign agreement" options that you could only crit fail.
I once got a 250 Difficulty on "propose permanent Contact", so that was a guaranteed crit-fail to drop relations right there.

Iti s like this:
Harm Relations: Yeah, you already insulted my mother. 20 times. There is not a lot of intentional insults left you could throw at us.

Propose Non-Agression:
*looks at paper on desk*
"Is he wafsdsafga serious?"
"Yes sir, that is a genuine offer."
"After he insulted my mother. 20 different ways?"
"Yes sir, after that."
"I did not think he could find a way to insult me like that, but he definitely just did!"

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”