Interesting planet generations (share yours)

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

vendayn

Interesting planet generations (share yours)

Post by vendayn »

As title says, what interesting planet generations have you had?

my most interesting one is actually the Cerberus class planet generated grass/algae and a primitive herbivore. It looked really cool, lava all around and a red looking landscape but then grass/algae on it. There was even grass on volcanos.
GodwinW

RE: Interesting planet generations (share yours)

Post by GodwinW »

Sounds amazing!
vendayn

Post by vendayn »

Cerberus can go pretty dynamic in life generation. I got one that has bushes and shrubs, and an actual animal that isn't a microbe but an actual land animal (a carnivore/predator).

I've been having a lot of fun seeing the different planet generations. I think the big chunk of my time is more seeing what planets generate lol.

Though out of all of them that I've tried (which is all but one), Cerberus has by far the most variety out of the non-earth planets (medusa and siwa) out of all the generations I've done. Cerberus can be a planet full of blue meadows (had that once, the whole planet was blue with no magma anywhere and so many meadows), or a barren desolate magma filled landscape (which it mostly is), or have actual life that roams around (granted pretty rare to generate this and I didn't actually see it but it said it existed). The two only limits to Cerberus is no rain and no breathable atmosphere. Other than that it has the most dynamic planet generation I've found. At least compared to the other planets excluding medusa/siwa. Medusa/siwa probably has more actual life forms, but I find not as many stages of life. And its pretty unique to get planet generations of just grass/moss and it looks neat.

I haven't tried the cold planet yet though, not too interested in that one for me since I don't like the cold. But maybe that one compares, since its kinda similar but opposite to Cerberus and it says it can have life (rarely).
vendayn

Post by vendayn »

I generated a desert (seth) world that allows OPEN farming. I've never had the option at all on seth, so that must be super lucky or maybe I got unlucky on other seth worlds? Either way its cool. Farms even spread around like normal, though not every tile allows farming (seems only a few). Dunno how though cause no rain, but there are actual open farms. And its cool because the desert where the agriculture fields are turn green, which looks cool.
FlashXAron_slith

Post by FlashXAron_slith »

.. really would love that VIC offers a map editor !

I normal prefer to play on real maps ...

would be cool to get in the future a campaign, where you reconolise the real earth (landscape) ...
or even all planets in the system ...
vendayn

Post by vendayn »

Well I'm curious how Boreus can get life. Been trying for a couple hours with no luck. I got oldest planet size Boreus can get (same with seth) and 0 planet temp (lowest Boreus can go) and no luck. Tried randomly past couple days and never got any luck either. Supposedly Seth can get life someone said, but I gave up on that after 13-14 hours of trying it lol.
ObeseMonkey

Post by ObeseMonkey »

I had a Seth with life. Horrible place, hot, barely breathable air and worms harassing my borders!
'Juana Azurduy, flor del Alto Perú, No hay otro capitán más valiente que tú'.
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

ORIGINAL: ObeseMonkey

I had a Seth with life. Horrible place, hot, barely breathable air and worms harassing my borders!

Nice, sounds like Arrakis.
I have yet to see a 'Seth Class' with any life forms.
LuciusSulla

Post by LuciusSulla »

ORIGINAL: ObeseMonkey

Worms: If you find our planet so inhospitable. Why would you invade it and nuke it
Shards

Post by Shards »

You all might like this line from the latest patch notes:

• Added the generation of a planet generation save in your saved games directory. Which if you like you could rename and share with others. Or use to restart a Planet you found interesting.
GeBuch

Post by GeBuch »

I had a planet with a pre-war population of more than 4 billion people. 2 large (60+ hexes) ruined cities full of scrap and artifacts and I got to spawn in one of them. There were some really cool artifacts buried in that city.

I don't want to spoil all the possibilities and the forum appearently doesn't have spoiler tags.
Shards

Post by Shards »

ORIGINAL: GeBuch

I had a planet with a pre-war population of more than 4 billion people. 2 large (60+ hexes) ruined cities full of scrap and artifacts and I got to spawn in one of them. There were some really cool artifacts buried in that city.

I don't want to spoil all the possibilities and the forum appearently doesn't have spoiler tags.

I got one with 4.4 Billion in the beta, which became my FiveTown AAR (linked in the main forum).

It's a fantastically different game! Artefacts a-go-go!
GeBuch

Post by GeBuch »

Just checked that save. I was slightly off on the population number, it's actually 8279.8 million people. I can't post images or links otherwise I'd provide an image.
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

ORIGINAL: Shards

• Added the generation of a planet generation save in your saved games directory. Which if you like you could rename and share with others. Or use to restart a Planet you found interesting.

I read this as allowing one to save & share their planet class generations.
I am not seeing that option. :(
vendayn

Post by vendayn »

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

In your saved games folder wherever game is installed. Once you generate a planet its saved as...

lastplanetgenerated.se1

It gets overwritten when you generate a new one

vendayn

Post by vendayn »

I wonder what the trick is to getting life on Seth. Cause tried for more than half a day (13-14 hours) so far over the period of game being released, and haven't had life at all.

Tried oldest world, 20 temp for planet, around 1 gravity, earth-atmosphere and doesn't seem like that does it.

(edit:

I'm beginning to think it really isn't possible to get life on Seth and its some kinda inside joke/prank. Trying for now 14-15 hours total since the game released and its just not happening. I've tried heavy atmosphere, earth atmosphere, various temps, various gravity, all kinds of things and no life on Seth. Pretty sure at this point that after that long that its an insider prank :P Especially since not once has oxygen appeared for me on Seth even in the smallest amounts, which seems to be key to generating life (at least for Ceberus it is.) Makes me even more positive no life is possible and its an insider joke :P
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

ORIGINAL: vendayn

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

In your saved games folder wherever game is installed. Once you generate a planet its saved as...

lastplanetgenerated.se1

It gets overwritten when you generate a new one

Thank you, I see now. :)

btw, AUTO SAVE must be activated
vendayn

Post by vendayn »

Well after 14-15 hours of continuous generations (not counting time of breaks in between), I've realized Seth will never be able to have life. It never gets oxygen what so ever, which Ceberus gets which seems to make it support life. I hope a future update allows life on Seth, because its weird a planet with huge magma lakes and rivers of magma can support complex life supporting skeletal body structures. Kinda weird Seth which is vastly less harsh, isn't possible to have life in.

I just wanted an awesome Arrakis style planet. But maybe a future update will allow more planet customization to let it happen. Very disappointing I spent so much time on something not currently possible.

On the bright side, my Ceberus world has complex skeletal structured body life with actual predators roaming around. They kinda look like giant lizards. It also has moss/grass and looks really cool. I can't post it now though due to forum restrictions.
Geezerone

Post by Geezerone »

My latest medium sized Cerberus had multiple large animal types. I think they are dinosaur type things as the largest is over 28m. I'm in the process of generating RPGs as the only weakness on these beasts is their hard defense as any infantry is useless against these things.
FAA

Post by FAA »

Cerberus world. A lot of alien life, unbreathable atmo, low pre-cataclysm population (30 mil), low current pop (1 mil). An amazingly harsh planet where every resource matters. Started with mutants to the east, fought a rather long war against them, and they were pretty much gone gone by turn 55. I chose epic development time which goes amazingly well with this setting, and it really feels like a long struggle to rebuild the world.

Overall, the world is pretty fallout-esque, and I love it.

Return to “Shadow Empire”