will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without sending the save file manuelly)...

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

VoodooDog

will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without sending the save file manuelly)...

Post by VoodooDog »

... be a thing eventually?
VoodooDog

RE: will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without sending the save file manuelly)...

Post by VoodooDog »

so i guess this means no or did i phrase the question in a way it is not understandable? (not a native english speaker)
Saros

RE: will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without sending the save file manuelly)...

Post by Saros »

Vic (the developer) has previously said it is something he would like to implement but there are a lot more pressing things to do first.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

I guess the question is: "Will there be a multiplayer option other then PBEM (Play By E-Mail)?"

To wich I can only say:
I got no idea. The dev team is rather small and another Multiplayer mode is a lot of work.
VoodooDog

Post by VoodooDog »

yes it was, thanks guys. appreciate the intel. so there is at least some hopes. because even my most hardcore friends most likely wont touch this no matter how good it is if they have to send me the save file each turn.
Saros

Post by Saros »

I'd suggest using a discord channel because you can just drop it in there and @ the player. It's really no hassle at all.
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

The one plus for just using one's own email system (or some other means to transfer a file such as Team Viewer)
is you are not dependent on other clients. (which do have issues, sometimes)
So, it is not all bad. [:)]
DeltaV112

Post by DeltaV112 »

The best solution to an issue like this is probably a shared drive/folder. That way one player can save the game and then the next can immediately load it.

Return to “Shadow Empire”