Leathernecks Are Watching, 2025 -- new beta for testing

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mgellis

Leathernecks Are Watching, 2025 -- new beta for testing

Post by Mgellis »

My newest beta...it's the near future and rebels have seized control of part of western New Guinea. They've taken hostages.

You have an amphibious carrier with a squadron of Marine F-35s and MV-22s. You have two destroyers and a submarine. You have several aircraft ready to assist you at Andersen Air Base.

You also have a company of Marines on the amphibious carrier and a company of Rangers at Andersen.

You need to do some damage, rescue the hostages, not kill a bunch of civilians, and stop of a Chinese freighter from smuggling weapons to the rebels.

Have fun.

As always, please let me know what you think. Please let me know if there are any errors that need to be fixed and what I can do to make this scenario more interesting, more plausible, more fun, more challenging, etc.

Thanks!

[version 2 uploaded 2:20 PM CST July 1, 2020]
Attachments
Leathernec..ng, 2025.zip
(365.52 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Fido81

RE: Leathernecks Are Watching, 2025 -- new beta for testing

Post by Fido81 »

I can't play test this, I think because it uses a Database version that the Steam autodownloader doesn't yet install. The error message is as follows:

"ERROR: You have (explicitly or implicitly) attempted to load a database that does not exist on the DB folder."
Selchu

Post by Selchu »

ORIGINAL: Fido81

I can't play test this, I think because it uses a Database version that the Steam autodownloader doesn't yet install. The error message is as follows:

"ERROR: You have (explicitly or implicitly) attempted to load a database that does not exist on the DB folder."

Same error for me as well...
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Yes, sorry; I forgot to mention that I'm using the v484 database and Build 1146.1. It's a beta update you can download from the Matrix forums.

KnightHawk75

Post by KnightHawk75 »

For those that want to use the beta for this and then swap back to whatever version you had, there is only 3-4 files you really need from the 1146.2 beta package to play the scenario, the dbinfo.dat and v484\v485 database files from the DB folder and the command.exe from the root. Just make a backup\rename existing command.exe first to command_verison####.exe and you can rollback by renaming it back later with no issues.
If using tacview though you may need that folder too under resources, or you may not idk, I don't use it and didn't up copy it over and have had no issues swapping back and forth. After swapping back no need to delete the db files.

Selchu

Post by Selchu »

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

Yes, sorry; I forgot to mention that I'm using the v484 database and Build 1146.1. It's a beta update you can download from the Matrix forums.

Got it and got it working. Looking good so far. I'll try and post something up tonight,

KnightHawk75

Post by KnightHawk75 »

PM'd you with a scene with some tweaks and additions, let me know what you think.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

PM'd you with a scene with some tweaks and additions, let me know what you think.

I really like some of the ideas your ideas. Thank you. Because I'm lazy, I may hold off on using them in this scenario, and instead adapt them for future ones. You've definitely given me things to think about, though.

Again, thanks.

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Any other thoughts on this scenario? Is it ready for the Community Scenario Pack?
wqc12345

Post by wqc12345 »

I can't play this.. the newest version of command is 11474 and this is using db's from 4746.2, which oddly are NOT included in the latest update.. not sure how to even get these? If I downgrade down to 1146.2 I can get the newer db, but not sure I want to do that?
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: wqc12345

I can't play this.. the newest version of command is 11474 and this is using db's from 4746.2, which oddly are NOT included in the latest update.. not sure how to even get these? If I downgrade down to 1146.2 I can get the newer db, but not sure I want to do that?

I'll try updating the db for the scenario and uploading it again. That may fix the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.
wqc12345

Post by wqc12345 »

I got the db's I'm good.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Just uploaded version 2. No major changes but I rebuilt the scenario with the newest version of CMO...it was reported that some people were having trouble opening the scenario.

Please let me know what else can be done to make it a better scenario. Thanks!

magi

Post by magi »

i am not sure what version i am playing... but it works fine for me...
i moved my surface group closer to the AO so i could start doing stuff....
that was kinda mean message that i killed those nice people at the dock... i dd a lot of ISRT and didnt see them..... oh well....
LMychajluk

Post by LMychajluk »

I'm getting the same messages as described above when trying to open the scenario.

It seems to want DB 484, but my Steam CMO version (current as of this post @ 1147.4) still only has 483. Is there something in 484 that the scenario needs? If not, can it be rebuilt with 483, or do we either have to use a beta DB or wait for the next official DB release?

Thanks!
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Sorry...I don't know if there's any way to make that work. The newest beta release is up to DB 486, though, so I suspect there will be a new update pretty soon.
ORIGINAL: LMychajluk

I'm getting the same messages as described above when trying to open the scenario.

It seems to want DB 484, but my Steam CMO version (current as of this post @ 1147.4) still only has 483. Is there something in 484 that the scenario needs? If not, can it be rebuilt with 483, or do we either have to use a beta DB or wait for the next official DB release?

Thanks!
LMychajluk

Post by LMychajluk »

Thanks. I did see in another thread that a DB Update is 'imminent' (as of about a month ago), so hopefully will get it soon. Looking forward to trying this scenario!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”