Battle, Operation, Campaign, just a few questions

Nomada_Firefox

Battle, Operation, Campaign, just a few questions

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

The modding doc file in google says things like these in the battle format.
Possible Axis-Direction Battle Count: Single numeric value indicating the possible number of battles to play following this one if the parent operation advances in the Axis direction. May be 0.

Possible Axis-Direction Battle Name(s): The possible axis-direction battle count is followed by zero or more battle name lines, one for each possible axis-direction battle to follow this battle. Each line should be the text file name, without the .txt extension, of a battle file, listed in the order you want the game to check them. The first listed battle with a valid condition will be the one the player plays next when the operation advances in the Axis direction.

Possible Allied-Direction Battle Count: Single numeric value indicating the possible number of battles to play following this one if the parent operation advances in the Allied direction. May be 0.

Possible Allied-Direction Battle Name(s): The possible allied-direction battle count is followed by zero or more battle name lines, one for each possible allied-direction battle to follow this battle. Each line should be the text file name, without the .txt extension, of a battle file, listed in the order you want the game to check them. The first listed battle with a valid condition will be the one the player plays next when the operation advances in the Allied direction.

Are they used? I have tried create operations with more of one battle and the operation always ends with the first battle if it is won with any of the sides, never it jumps to the next battle added in the battle file, indiferent if it is from the Allies or Axis.

Just it jumps if the next battle is added as a different operation. I believe that I have missed something. Can be the Start Data/Time: ?[&:]
SteveMcClaire

RE: Battle, Operation, Campaign, just a few questions

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Yes it is used. The battles need to be listed in both the operation file and the battle file(s.) See the El Guettar operation and battles in the stock campaign for an example.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Finaly I could make one small campaign with two operations by the moment, only 6 maps, Utah and Omaha. Just I must add a 8.8 pak 43 Atgun and very probably I go to make a new model.

If I did not understood badly, I can make one Operation where the Germans attack. I know how there are many conditions, all them very useful. The tip about the Guettar was very useful.

Two screenshots, the image code does not work with this links from Steam. But you can click them.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... FC6AFB91E/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 208F9CBDA/
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Glad you were able to get it working. You can set the initial attacker in an operation in the operation data file, yes.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Finally as I wanted, I made a German operation with them launching the offensive. The key was as you say to check the Guettar operation and mainly do not set the battle in the 0 position as the first battle. It must be the at least the 1. [:)]

Return to “Close Combat The Bloody First - Modding”