Apologies to Bob Cross

Post new mods and scenarios here
Mark Breed

Apologies to Bob Cross

Post by Mark Breed »

Bob,

I want to apologize for any inferences that I am unhappy with the work that you and others have done on TOAW IV in my recent posts. I believe that your work has made a very good game better.

My frustrations are due to my work on creating a large(?) scenario using the Event Editor. This is my first real attempt at scenario creation using the Event Editor. It feels like it becomes a guessing game as to how each of the event parameters work and that you can only use it by spending hours playtesting the events to find out how they work. Which is probably how you learned it. So, I am grateful whenever you shed your wisdom on my questions.

Please be patient with me and understand that I mean no offense.

Regards,
Mark
Curtis Lemay

RE: Apologies to Bob Cross

Post by Curtis Lemay »

You have nothing to apologize for.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Bob,

I want to apologize for any inferences that I am unhappy with the work that you and others have done on TOAW IV in my recent posts. I believe that your work has made a very good game better.

My frustrations are due to my work on creating a large(?) scenario using the Event Editor. This is my first real attempt at scenario creation using the Event Editor. It feels like it becomes a guessing game as to how each of the event parameters work and that you can only use it by spending hours playtesting the events to find out how they work. Which is probably how you learned it. So, I am grateful whenever you shed your wisdom on my questions.

Please be patient with me and understand that I mean no offense.

Regards,
Mark
I like the way you wrote that. And I agree with you that the Event Editor could use some loving care. Maybe more statusline popup verbage describing how to use the item you're hovering over. Or maybe max and min limits for the item. Maybe a dialog pops up that illustrates how to use the particular event you're trying to enter parameters for. Wizards to building complicated events? These are just a few suggestions off the top of my head. And I too appreciate all of Bob's work.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Mark Breed
My frustrations are due to my work on creating a large(?) scenario using the Event Editor. This is my first real attempt at scenario creation using the Event Editor.

You might want to try my TOAW XML Editor; I added an event editor but never really got much feedback about it. While unfortunately it doesn't really provide more information about the various events (because I couldn't find it), at least for me it is easier to work with than the built-in editor.

Here is a link if you are interested:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4547880
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

76mm,

Thank you. I will be sure to check it out with my next scenario.

Regards,
Mark

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”