Several Flak Q/LW

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

Stefan123

Several Flak Q/LW

Post by Stefan123 »

Hello all,
From the Point of a Human LW player,GC:

1. There are Stats missing (Weapons Database/Ground Defenses) for the 128mm Flak. At least Max ceiling would be helpful to know for now.

2.Wich Targets can have 88Flak/41? Would help alot when looking for it to relocate.

3.Under wich Cirumstances the computer distribute AA? (Wich type, Min pool required?)
Disable this entirely would be very welcome for the Human LW player, just like autoupgrade change of A/C in 1.06[&o]

(It was formerly mentioned, the 30mm A/C cannons stats MK 103/108 makes no sense, not sure where to put this?)

...cant wait for 1.06! Keep up this great Work!

mark dolby

RE: Several Flak Q/LW

Post by mark dolby »

Hi.
128mm has 32k flak range with an effect of 10. It's def on the weapons database for ground defences.It looks like flak41 is made rather than 128mm flak. The 128 cannot be moved except by those on flak trains. Therefore the flak41 has been substituted as this can be deployed and redeployed. It also has a 32k ceiling.
I think the flak41 can be deployed to any ground target except for some troop divisions. This seems random as to which ones.
If you are playing the LW then you distribute the AA as you see fit. Not sure on how the AI distibutes flak guns against the Allies, but I did a study on this and with little damage to the armament factories the AI seems to produce

29 aamg
8 20mm
10 20mm quad
6 37mm
0.5 88mm
3 105mm
2.5 88mm flak41
4 balloon
1 heavy balloon

per day.
This was over a 100 day period.

Someone may have more accurate data.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: mark dolby

Hi.
128mm has 32k flak range with an effect of 10. It's def on the weapons database for ground defences.It looks like flak41 is made rather than 128mm flak. The 128 cannot be moved except by those on flak trains. Therefore the flak41 has been substituted as this can be deployed and redeployed. It also has a 32k ceiling.
I think the flak41 can be deployed to any ground target except for some troop divisions. This seems random as to which ones.
If you are playing the LW then you distribute the AA as you see fit. Not sure on how the AI distibutes flak guns against the Allies, but I did a study on this and with little damage to the armament factories the AI seems to produce

29 aamg
8 20mm
10 20mm quad
6 37mm
0.5 88mm
3 105mm
2.5 88mm flak41
4 balloon
1 heavy balloon

per day.
This was over a 100 day period.

Someone may have more accurate data.
Airbases get a priority of AI distributed light AA. Others distribute randomly, but priority is within Germany.
simovitch

Stefan123

Post by Stefan123 »

My Fault, 128 is in the database... 88/41 is below 128, so i dident notice it.

Do i understand this right, that i am in full control of (heavy)flak distribution when I Play LW?
Im a little paranoid that he will randomly waste my rare Heavy Flak especally 88/41. Workarond maybe keep the pool low...
mark dolby

Post by mark dolby »

You are in full control of all light/heavy guns and all balloons.
Nothing gets put out without you wanting to do it.
Remember to move flak from areas you do not want it to top up your pool.
Stefan123

Post by Stefan123 »

Thanks for claryfication.
mark dolby

Post by mark dolby »

As the LW commander are any AA guns transferred by the computer to industrial sites or airfields?
Over 5 turns, with 0 in the pool with no moving by myself, my 88mm guns in the pool went 5-6-4-5-4. Others increased each turn.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”