Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

CV60

RE: Updated DB image packs are available!

Post by CV60 »

kgambit,
Thx for the reply. Where are they located? When I check warfaresims.com, it shows 09-2019
as the date of the databases.

Thx.

I believe the Warfare Sims group is no longer posting the updates to their webpage. INSTEAD, the game is automatically pulling them down and updating them. So while the 30 September 2019 update is the most recent on their webpage, you likely have the 30 December 2019 version installed. Here's how to check: Go to your DB/Images/DB3000 folder. Search for "Facility_2346". Is it there, and does it look like this? If so, you have the 30 Decembe 2019 update

Attachments
Facility_2346.jpg
Facility_2346.jpg (306.31 KiB) Viewed 167 times
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
NAVMAN

Post by NAVMAN »

CV60,
So does this mean that players who did not upgrade to the new version,like me,will no longer have access to updated db packs?

Thx
slimatwar

Post by slimatwar »

ORIGINAL: CV60

I believe the Warfare Sims group is no longer posting the updates to their webpage. INSTEAD, the game is automatically pulling them down and updating them. So while the 30 September 2019 update is the most recent on their webpage, you likely have the 30 December 2019 version installed. Here's how to check: Go to your DB/Images/DB3000 folder. Search for "Facility_2346". Is it there, and does it look like this? If so, you have the 30 Decembe 2019 update

And what about us who play the game on a computer with no internet access?
How do we get the DB updates?
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

If you have no internet access, I think you are probably in a bad spot and can't even post on the forum. If you have no internet access at all, I assume you can't even get updates to the game.
slimatwar

Post by slimatwar »

Maybe I wasn't clear.
I mean internet on the computer I play the game.Of course I've got internet access in other computer to download the game,the updates,the DB images etc.Why is it taken for granted that everybody plays games online?
Didi63

Post by Didi63 »

Hi,
I downloaded the september data directly from their website last year and got no January update!

So what can I do?
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Well...you weren't clear. My mother actually lives in an area with no internet or cell. So I know it well. Maybe if you were clearer.

btw, why can't you download them on one computer and copy them over? If you can't do that, how do you keep your game updated?
slimatwar

Post by slimatwar »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Well...you weren't clear. My mother actually lives in an area with no internet or cell. So I know it well. Maybe if you were clearer.

btw, why can't you download them on one computer and copy them over? If you can't do that, how do you keep your game updated?

As I said before, I can download updates and other stuff on another computer and install them manually on my computer where CMO is installed and has no internet.But in post #581 CV60 said:" I believe the Warfare Sims group is no longer posting the updates to their webpage. INSTEAD, the game is automatically pulling them down and updating them."
What does it mean "automatically pulling them down and updating"?Does it mean someone should play online to update the DB?Can't someone download and install manually the DB updates any more?
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

If we cannot manually download those packages anymore really sucks. I am on decent internet and my CMO definitely has not updated Jan 2020 package.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

hzarr6901

Post by hzarr6901 »

Have latest version according to updater, V.1.01.11343 and latest build 1142.2 but don't show a Facility 2346 in my DB/DB3000 has shown by CV60 in his post.[&:]
konstpan

Post by konstpan »

ORIGINAL: hzarr6901

Have latest version according to updater, V.1.01.11343 and latest build 1142.2 but don't show a Facility 2346 in my DB/DB3000 has shown by CV60 in his post.[&:]
+1
decaf

Post by decaf »

CV60,

I've been keeping up to date with CMO. Have had Build 1142.1 installed.
In fact, today I updated to 1142.2. I, too, *do not* have "Facility_2346"
in my ...\C-MO\DB\Images\DB3000 folder. I've been playing a good bit
of CMO lately & I have quite good internet.

CV60, I really appreciate the work you and your crew do.
I wish I could get the 30 December 2019 image set.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

CV60,

I've been keeping up to date with CMO. Have had Build 1142.1 installed.
In fact, today I updated to 1142.2. I, too, *do not* have "Facility_2346"
in my ...\C-MO\DB\Images\DB3000 folder. I've been playing a good bit
of CMO lately & I have quite good internet.

CV60, I really appreciate the work you and your crew do.
I wish I could get the 30 December 2019 image set.

Thanks for your kind words. I've got an inquiry to some contacts as to why the auto download isn't happening. I just tested it, and it worked for me. A quick question to everyone: Does the Chinese Romeo Mod submarine "Submarine-46" appear in your DB3000? It was also part of the 30 December 2019 update. It should look like this:

Attachments
Test1 CMO.jpg
Test1 CMO.jpg (407.13 KiB) Viewed 167 times
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Mine looks like this:

Attachments
romeo.jpg
romeo.jpg (236.69 KiB) Viewed 166 times
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

darkmeat

Post by darkmeat »

I also see the old photo as above. On 1142.2.
cmanouser1

Post by cmanouser1 »

One hypothesis could be that the software doesn't fetch again pictures as long as there is a picture already downloaded for that DB entry.
hzarr6901

Post by hzarr6901 »

No not as pictured by CV60's post. Same as Sardaukar's post.
goldfinger35

Post by goldfinger35 »

ORIGINAL: cmanouser1

One hypothesis could be that the software doesn't fetch again pictures as long as there is a picture already downloaded for that DB entry.

Probably not: For testing I have deleted Facility_2346.jpg and new image was not downloaded.
BTW I also have Romeo sub pic as in Sardaukar's post.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

I don't have Facility_2346.jpg either.

Capocarro94

Post by Capocarro94 »

Question ... is there a way to stop the automatic image download, especially small images _t1, _t2, _t3 ?? Each time, I replace the images with automatic download with my own images (which I prefer) and eliminating _t1, _t2 etc. But for these last images, every time the system automatically download again.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”