[Logged] Simulation frozen in midway of scenario, again

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

gennyo

[Logged] Simulation frozen in midway of scenario, again

Post by gennyo »

I thought it was fixed in 1136.1, so when 1139.2 comes I updated and changed to official non-DRM version of the game.
And after in-game time run to 11:35, the simulation is frozen.
It's somewhat repeatable, always frozen around this point, no matter what I did (like weapon allocation).

Exception log says:

2020-03-31 20:19:51 -- B1139.2 -- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace: at Command_Core.Weapon_AI.(Single elapsedTime, Boolean RecalculatePlottedCourse)
Call Stack & Error details:
Error at 100970,

System: Windows 10 1607 @ thinkpad yoga 260
Without any compatiblity hacks now.
No Extra Memory Protection, using Process Lasso SmartTrim.

Autosaved Scenario is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y4hx5l8uq3ou ... e.zip?dl=0 , because the saved file it too large (17.8M).

Now running 1136.1 exprimental build and try.
Dimitris

RE: Simulation frozen in midway of scenario, again

Post by Dimitris »

Just wanted to share this from the debugging session:

thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

There are people out there that just love to break stuff.
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

arsenal as for a smaller army[:D]
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Whoah! That's a whole lotta munitions.

What? No nukes? Everything else is on there.

[edit] Couldn't resist downloading it and checking it out. EVERYTHING in the game is loaded up like that. Every unit. 10,000 ASMs, 9900 of another ASM, etc, on EVERY UNIT, most of them target drones.

Game freezes up. Just imagine. Why would it do that? :-) /s/

Apologies for ruining this tech support ticket, but I couldn't resist.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

I find the lack of heavy guns unsettling but it looks like the CMO weapons equivalent of cramming a telephone booth and what a vacuous pastime that was. For those who remember telephone booths that is...

-CF
gennyo

Post by gennyo »

Well, I think CMO is a sandbox and I play CMO in a somewhat graystillplays style and it brings me fun, sorry for this.
To me, a mild clinical depression patient working as a pathologist in a small hospital, this scen and CMO as a whole are more like a personal therapy session than a strategic challenging serious wargme, letting some steam off.
I remembers something after ýou post this: CMO looks like treating and enumerating weapon store differently to CMANO.
Maybe I break the game with too many weapons and datalinks, stuffed all the arrays and make the memory manager break, GCed some critical data structures as "invaild" data.
If so, please tell me and I would behave and build a somewaht smaller army.[:D]
But the same scenario (about the same, with db3k 477) runs somewhat better in CMANO, just crash sometimes and lost progress.

p.s. I got nukes as Soviet ABMs and my opponent got them as half of the nations's DF-41 storage. And I'm about to unleash all those lovely HGVs and found out I didn't have the right to do so (requires PE).[:D]

One point: all my kami's force is NOT CAPABLE shoots all DF-41 RVs from the sky GUARANTEED, so a national wide ABM network for shielding ICBMs are really difficult to implement in CMO, let alone in real life.

p.p.s. target drones, tankers and recon planes are loopholes I'm using as they have a zero OODA cycle and reacts instantly. In fact I'm using tons of loopholes here just for facing those unrealistic PLA forces and make up for my poor management skills.

Return to “Tech Support”