Gamechanger DDs don't use active sonar?

The Silent Service is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations, walking you through the nuances of modern submarine operations.
cmanouser1

Gamechanger DDs don't use active sonar?

Post by cmanouser1 »

Playing the Gamechanger scenario, I inserted my Nautilus within the enemy surface group and launched more than a dozen torpedoes at the Iowa (hiding beneath the layer while reloading); all that over 10+ minutes, a very leisurely pace. Looking at the saves in the editor, I was surprised to see the enemy destroyers never turned on their active sonar to find my sub? Is their any reason for that? Additionally, is that a typical behavior also seen in other scenarios?
BeirutDude

RE: Gamechanger DDs don't use active sonar?

Post by BeirutDude »

Their WRA is set to Passive. There is nothing to tell them to activate, they're not assigned to a mission so they just plod along. They are set to ignore EMCON when under attack, but that doesn't seem to be working. I think they need some Lua code that when the sub is detected they are assigned to an ASW Mission that follows a Battle Group and allows active sonar. Anyway my 2 cents.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

I have a very high threshold for increasing the difficulty of any of The Silent Service scenarios; we'll need to see a save file showing problem behaviour and a detailed description of desired behaviour before making any changes--even then if nothing is found 'broken' no changes will be made. Tech support is also the place to do these things.

If it's simply a preference, feel free to edit a version to your own personal tastes [:)]
MarechalJoffre

Post by MarechalJoffre »

Gamechanger is as hard as it gets already, in my opinion. Those Mk14s don't ever work!
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Return to “Command: The Silent Service”