HELP: Setting up Supply Task Force

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

BillSirKill

HELP: Setting up Supply Task Force

Post by BillSirKill »

Watched all of Harplonked Campaign walkthrough, reread the manual... But still confused about how to do this:

Setup Task Force in Karachi to go get fuel from Abadan and return with full load.
or
Setup a supply TF to go to a Supply Base and pick up supplies and return.

I know how to initiate a supply TF at a Base with supplies to supply another base.

Thanks for your help!
Bill
HansBolter

RE: HELP: Setting up Supply Task Force

Post by HansBolter »

What is a Harplonked Campaign?

The answers are simple.

TFs delivering goods can be automated using the Continuous Supply settings but MUST originate where the goods are stockpiled.

What you want to configure has to be done manually.

Send the ships at Karachi to Abadan, where they can be set up as CS TFs delivering goods to Karachi.

Send the supply TF to the supply base. When it gets there configure it as a CS TF running from the base with the supply to the base you want to deliver the supply to.
Hans

kbfchicago

Post by kbfchicago »

Hello Bill, welcome to the game of your life.

Hans, as usual, is right on. A little more detail...

Use "CS" convoy types, by selecting "CS:(location)" vs. "Human Control". You need to start from the 'push' point, so send that Karachi tanker to Abadan to set up a recurring run of fuel from Abadan to Karachi. Note, once you've selected "CS:Location" in the lower right corner you can set to return with a specific load as well. So for example, you can run supplies from the Cape to Columbo and return with Resources. Set supplies from East Coast to Cape and return with resources... setting up supply chain from East coast to Columbo and return resources to US (this is not particularly important in stock version but is a needed action in LST's mod, which I like to play).

To do a pull (vs. a push) like you described you send the TF to the supply/resource/fuel point (action one), load'em up and send to the desired destination (action two). Nothing automated about it. Tends to be the way I work it, only using "CS" convoys for regular big moves of supply/resources/fuel, generally between off map "big" depots. Leaving the local delivery to manual setup. Note as well CS convoys will suck up fuel...so watch your refueling settings! Especially if you're using them to support your forward most bases.

Happy gaming

Kevin

MacBook Pro / WITP-AE running in Parallels v15.x
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: BillSirKill

Watched all of Harplonked Campaign walkthrough, reread the manual... But still confused about how to do this:

Setup Task Force in Karachi to go get fuel from Abadan and return with full load.
or
Setup a supply TF to go to a Supply Base and pick up supplies and return.

I know how to initiate a supply TF at a Base with supplies to supply another base.

Thanks for your help!
Bill
Sounds like you are just starting out. You should also send fuel from Abidan to Aden because that base gets a lot of British and Australian units arriving there and you need to support shipping that will move them on-map. Supply can come from Bombay/Karachi and even some from Abidan once in a while. I usually aim for 200K supply and fuel at Aden. The supply is mostly to accompany units going on-map and to allow for filling out TOE of arriving units.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
BillSirKill

Post by BillSirKill »

Beautiful Guys!!
Thanks!!
BillSirKill

Post by BillSirKill »

I have started and shelved this game 15 times. I have loaded Kull, Tracker, Sardaukar's - Harplonk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3onHH-cM0JM&t=70s.
I am now RETIRED and am damned to leave this planet before I finish a complete SP game!!
I am reading all the forums and AAR's.. Win or lose I will finish the damn thing!!
So Yes Kevin - - Happy Gaming!!
Again, Thanks!!
Bill
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

I have started and shelved this game 15 times. I have loaded Kull, Tracker, Sardaukar's - Harplonk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3onHH-cM0JM&t=70s.
I am now RETIRED and am damned to leave this planet before I finish a complete SP game!!
I am reading all the forums and AAR's.. Win or lose I will finish the damn thing!!
Again, Thanks!!
Bill

That's the spirit!
Hans

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Again, Thanks!!
Bill

Go get 'em tiger.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Again, Thanks!!
Bill

I like your thinking.

Cheers,
CB
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

Return to “The War Room”