Breaking News!

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
kirk23

Breaking News!

Post by kirk23 »

Hello all!

I thought you should know that I have been in contact behind the scene with the game programmer and designer.

With a view to releasing a new patch with mainly some naval game tweaks and a few other improvements relating to general gameplay as a whole. I won't go into details at this time, but what I will say is that I'm committed to helping this gem of a game, so as they say watch this space this game has a future and it's bright. For far too long it has been neglected not anymore not on my watch.[:)]
Make it so!
Matto

RE: Breaking News!

Post by Matto »

Great news, thanks!
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I'm backing these games with a fairly substantial amount of my own hard-earned cash because I trust in the future of these games.

Also, some may be interested to know that the release of Victory & Glory: The American Civil War is coming soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrt-M2vGJz8
Make it so!
Wee Sodjer

Post by Wee Sodjer »

Brilliant!
James O'Neill
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Great news indeed.
A Sharif
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Awesome news kirk23!
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

I just wanted to confirm what kirk23 posted, we are working on a patch for the game with a number of bug fixes and the improvements to the naval combat as well as some other improvements. Now it happens that I am a little busy with pre-existing contract work for a couple of weeks. When that is done I will be turning my attention to 'Napoleon' and I'll post some updates when I can.

And I want to give some special thanks in advance to kirk23 for his help in making this update possible.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Thanks, James much appreciated for making an official announcement. I only want to help this great game get better.[;)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Update now that Victory & Glory The American Civil War has been released since April, the game is really superb to play you should check it out via steam.

That being said work has started on updating Victory & Glory Napoleon so watch this space for news of when the patch will be released officially.[:)]
Make it so!
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

Glad I checked this as I did not know about the ACW game. I purchased it and played it last night. Fun stuff. Also nice to hear about an upcoming patch for this game. Will the patch be available for the steam version of the game as well as the game bought from this site?
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Very nice and fun game engine, waiting for the new patch !

lavanpk

Post by lavanpk »

Love the game but with all that is going on - is this update still in the works?
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

Yes, the update is in the works. Matrix is working to fit them into their production schedule. I was told that it would probably be this week. My understanding from the production manager is that both the Steam and the Matrix versions will get a public beta.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
Drakkon

Post by Drakkon »

So this patch will update the game to version 1.03? Is that correct?

Edit: Also, will any changes from V&G ACW be added to VGN? I am thinking particularly of the Corps system.
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

The new version of the game will be 1.0.3, yes.

The Corps system from the Civil War game is not going to be implemented in the update. But the naval battles will be improved and there will be temporary commanders assigned so that virtually all armies will be eligible to move if the player wants them to. And there are a few other minor improvements and some bug fixes.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
Drakkon

Post by Drakkon »

ORIGINAL: mercenarius

The new version of the game will be 1.0.3, yes.

The Corps system from the Civil War game is not going to be implemented in the update. But the naval battles will be improved and there will be temporary commanders assigned so that virtually all armies will be eligible to move if the player wants them to. And there are a few other minor improvements and some bug fixes.

Thank you. I still play V&G Napoleon, and I am looking forward to seeing the effect this patch will have.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Any whispers in the wind of the British side campaign being developed?

I have DLC money reserved and ear marked for that possible release ;)
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Asid2

Post by Asid2 »

Hi

Any update?

Regards
[center]War in Pieces

www.DogsofWarVu.com[/center]
bssybeep

Post by bssybeep »

Any plans for Victory & Glory The American Civil War on Matrixgames?

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”