Command Line Switches

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

LeeChard

Command Line Switches

Post by LeeChard »

Seems to me I remember a thread that explained what each of the command line switches did.
Can somebody point me in the right direction?
Kull

RE: Command Line Switches

Post by Kull »

readme.rtf in the root directory has many, but not all. The newer ones are in WhatsNew.pdf (same directory).
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

Sorry Kull, I should have been more specific.
I am referring to the start up properties:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1920 -py1080 -fixedArt -skipVideo -multiaudio -SingleCpuOrders -cpu3

I recently bought a new desktop computer and am new to win10.
I have changed to this setting and the game runs well except during night turns.
If I play with 'combat summaries' on I get noticeable lag when click off an event.
Only on the night turns.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: LeeChard

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1920 -py1080 -fixedArt -skipVideo -multiaudio -SingleCpuOrders -cpu3

I have changed to this setting and the game runs well except during night turns.
If I play with 'combat summaries' on I get noticeable lag when click off an event.
Only on the night turns.
I also have a lag in the night phase only - not sure why. Some suggested the -dd_sw switch fixes this but when I used that switch I got intolerable jittery graphics when I displayed a unit or base screen, so I just put up with the night phase lag and do other chores while waiting for the action to start.

Just remembered, I also was able to speed up the night phase by reducing the time for display of general messages to 0.5 seconds. However, this was too fast to catch some important stuff during the naval movement phase so I had to bump it up to one second. It is primarily the coastwatcher phase that causes me grief because I have captured a lot of enemy bases and the coast watchers report imaginary shipping at every one!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: LeeChard

Only on the night turns.
I also have a lag in the night phase only - not sure why. Some suggested the -dd_sw switch fixes this but when I used that switch I got intolerable jittery graphics when I displayed a unit or base screen, so I just put up with the night phase lag and do other chores while waiting for the action to start.

Just remembered, I also was able to speed up the night phase by reducing the time for display of general messages to 0.5 seconds. However, this was too fast to catch some important stuff during the naval movement phase so I had to bump it up to one second. It is primarily the coastwatcher phase that causes me grief because I have captured a lot of enemy bases and the coast watchers report imaginary shipping at every one!
I had a similar experience with background screen popping through on to my game screen. Very irritating [:@]
Removing the -dd -sw switch solved that. The night lag isn't a game breaker for me either.

Return to “Tech Support”