[RESOLVED] CMO-Tacview link not working in Win10

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

sstevens06

[RESOLVED] CMO-Tacview link not working in Win10

Post by sstevens06 »

Running CMO Version 1.00.11153 on Windows 10 Home. When I try to invoke 3D from View menu I get a pop-up labeled: Invalid path to Tacview exe. Then I get a pop-up of the Game Options dialog, Tacview tab prompting me for a path. I enter the following (which is valid for my PC):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Command Modern Operations\CommandTacviewManager.exe

Restart the game and try 3D again. Now I get the following error:

Invalid Tacview exe! Message: It appears that the Tacview executable you have specified is invalid. Please use a valid executable. For assistance please contact WarfareSims or Raia Software.

Please let me know if you need additional information. Thank you in advance!
Annapolis1981

RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win10

Post by Annapolis1981 »

Have you tried using "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\Tacview64.exe instead?"
sstevens06

Post by sstevens06 »

Thank you for the swift reply! No such Tacview subdirectory or executable exists in my "C:\Program Files (x86)" directory.

Performed my CMO download and installation on 1/5/2020. Everything seems to work ok except 3D view. The only Tacview-related file I can see in my CMO directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Command Modern Operations\CommandTacviewManager.exe, which seems to be invalid.
sstevens06

Post by sstevens06 »

One more piece of information: I did find a Tacview-related subdirectory in my CMO directory at C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Command Modern Operations\Resources\Tacview, but no Tacview executable (.exe) file. Contents are just a \Data subdirectory and 2 speadsheets: Associations_CWDB.xls and Associations_DB3000.xls.

There is no Tacview64.exe file I can find.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hi,

Have you first installed Tacview ?
sstevens06

Post by sstevens06 »

Dimitris, no I have not installed Tacview seperately. I assumed it was installed with CMO. How would I do this?
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

No, it's a separate product (different dev & publisher).

You can download the free version from here: https://www.tacview.net/download/latest/en/

The free version works for 3 weeks in "trial mode" (all paid features active, incl. real-time streaming which CMO uses) so you can try it and see if it works for you. After that, you need to buy the "Advanced edition" license to be able to use it with CMO.
sstevens06

Post by sstevens06 »

Thank you Dimitris!
sstevens06

Post by sstevens06 »

Ok, now I see what the problem was. My printed manual and "CMO manual TO PRINT.pdf" file mention Tacview on page 150, referencing section 10.8, Tacview. Unfortunately both manuals end at section 8. Credits. To see the full manual including section 10.8, which explains what Dimitris describes above, you need to look at "CMO manual EBOOK.pdf".

Thanks again for the prompt responses.

Return to “Tech Support”