MAC Install Support

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

AlvaroSousa

MAC Install Support

Post by AlvaroSousa »

Thank Franciscus for the Mac install

With Official release of Crossover 19.01, I am happy to report that WarPlan works flawlessly on my iMac 27 2019 running Catalina, without Windows.

First, I should note that I have absolutely no financial interest on Crossover, I just love and support this software. Crossover is a paid application, based on WINE, with great support, that allows easy use of Windows-only software on Mac (or Linux), using WINE, without Windows, but with minimum hassle involved. Codeweavers (the makers of Crossover) are the main supporters of the continuing development of WINE.
This is not a virtual machine, and no Windows version is needed.

The crown of glory of Crossover was achieved last year, with the release of version 19, that allows the running of almost all 32 bit windows programs in a 64 bit-only OS (Catalina)

I use Crossover, and most of my games run fine on Mac, without Windows. Strategic Command, WITE, DC: Barbarossa, FOG2 and Empires, JTS games, and many more. And now WarPlan.

Crossover has a great feature, named crossties. Basically it is a pre-made "bottle" that allows a quick and easy installation. A crosstie is already created for Warplan

So, without further ado, if you want to play WarPlan on your Mac, you just have to:

- install Crossover (14-day free trial; after, you will have to buy a license)
- open Crossover and click "Install a Windows Application"
- type WarPlan and select it from the list.
- a premade "windows 7 64 bit" bottle with CoreFonts installed will be automatically created for you
- click Continue
- click to select the installer exe that you must of course download from Matrix. Have your SN available, as usually.
- if a warning window appears, just click Cancel (OSx security is a bit paranoid)
- Let the install process proceed, do not bother to install .Net.
- Enjoy

Turning "on" high resolution mode in the bottle settings permits to change resolution at will, just like a native windows installation.

If you want any further help, feel free to ask

Regards
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
Zovs

RE: MAC Install Support

Post by Zovs »

My process of running Warplan on an iMac is as follows.

1. If you have an iMac, install VMware and then install Windows 10 (there is a way to get an ISO), just drag the ISO to VMWare and it automatically installs Windows 10 in a VM.
2. Launch the Windows 10 VM and install Warplan.
3. I set my screen resolution to 3840 x 2160.
4. Play Warplan

Its really that simple to play play Warplan in a Windows 10 VM on iMac running via VMWare.

NOTE 1: I did purchase the pro version of VMWare.
NOTE 2: I have 40 GB of RAM.
NOTE 3: I have a 1 TB SSD drive and allocated 200 GB to the VM.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
AlvaroSousa

RE: MAC Install Support

Post by AlvaroSousa »

Thanks Z
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2