Returning Vet Looking for a Game

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Q-Ball

Returning Vet Looking for a Game

Post by Q-Ball »

I haven't played in over 5 years, but looking for a game! I am open to scenario and side; since I am rusty would probably prefer Allies vs. a more experienced player, but I can take Japan vs. a newer one. I would rate myself "Medium", I think I have a decent handle on the engine, but some of the detailed stuff eludes me, and I am sure I forgot some stuff.

-1 Day Turns
-I can do 7-10 turns a week, though not always every day; some better than others
-"Reasonable" House Rules, negotiable; back in the day I did prefer paying PPs to cross borders, limits on Dec 7th both sides, that's about it
-US Central Time zone, FWIW
-Pick a scenario; I prefer more historical, always liked Da Babes if I can find the files
Chickenboy

RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game

Post by Chickenboy »

Q-Ball,

I'd love to take up your offer, but for my self-imposed "one PBEM at a time" rule. [:(] Right now, my dance card is being punched by AcePylut.

May I suggest that you upgrade your game to the latest official patch (10.26a IIRC) from the Matrix DL site and pick up your game anew with dastardly Dan? Do you have any turns to rebuild from your previous game? Think on it?

You'd have a following on the AAR that you will post on the game too. I can assure you of that. [8D]
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Q-Ball,

I'd love to take up your offer, but for my self-imposed "one PBEM at a time" rule. [:(] Right now, my dance card is being punched by AcePylut.

May I suggest that you upgrade your game to the latest official patch (10.26a IIRC) from the Matrix DL site and pick up your game anew with dastardly Dan? Do you have any turns to rebuild from your previous game? Think on it?

You'd have a following on the AAR that you will post on the game too. I can assure you of that. [8D]

I'm on 1.26. I would be happy to pick that game up, but I don't have a save file. Maybe Dan does?
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Q-Ball,

I'm on 1.26. I would be happy to pick that game up, but I don't have a save file. Maybe Dan does?

Old email attachments? I know I have some that Gmail has stored in the ether from time immemorial.
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

Crikey, some proper "blasts from the past" making appearances these days!

Is this one of the signs of the apocalypse?!?
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Are you implying that Q-Ball is one of the four horsemen???

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

Four Horseman? I could be something like a Nazgul, dead but not dead.

It looks like I may have a game vs. Anarcho. Which reading his AAR, looks like I might be in for a fight.....in addition to writing a good AAR, he's got a very good tactical and strategic handle on things. Hope I can not embarrass myself!!!
Cheesesteak

Post by Cheesesteak »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Four Horseman? I could be something like a Nazgul, dead but not dead.

It looks like I may have a game vs. Anarcho. Which reading his AAR, looks like I might be in for a fight.....in addition to writing a good AAR, he's got a very good tactical and strategic handle on things. Hope I can not embarrass myself!!!

Nice! Both to the LotR reference and to the match-up.

If you have too much trouble with Aragorn, I mean Anachro, let us know. You can always beat up on one of the Hobbits.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

...here at the end of all things.

...what can you do against such reckless hate?

...something stirs in the east; a nameless malice.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

I think I've read LotR 2-3 times over the past 2 years, as well as the Silmarillion. Q-ball and I will be using a personally modified version of BTS and in a bit of role-reversal I will be Japan.
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

You have a SAMURAI spirit my Opponent. BANZAI!

I read LotR and Hobbit to my boys growing up. To this day they still love all things LotR.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Cheesesteak

Post by Cheesesteak »

ORIGINAL: Anachro

I think I've read LotR 2-3 times over the past 2 years, as well as the Silmarillion. Q-ball and I will be using a personally modified version of BTS and in a bit of role-reversal I will be Japan.

If I ever find myself being totally overrun, I will rename a CV the USS Fingolfin and sail out in challenge.

Attachments
stepbrothers.jpg
stepbrothers.jpg (7.53 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Cheesesteak

Post by Cheesesteak »

Ask Aaffins how many times he's (involuntarily) heard the audiobook
aaffins

Post by aaffins »

ORIGINAL: Cheesesteak

Ask Aaffins how many times he's (involuntarily) heard the audiobook

So if your roommate can't fall asleep without the lotr audiobook and you room together for two years...can I use WITP tracker for this?

Return to “Opponents Wanted”