Message log : Increasing font size

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

nukkxx5058

Message log : Increasing font size

Post by nukkxx5058 »

2 questions:
Is it possible to increase the size of the font of the message log ?
Is it possible to customize font color ?
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
Grim.Reaper

RE: Message log : Increasing font size

Post by Grim.Reaper »

It would also be great not to italicize the text too since it also makes it a little harder to read.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

No and no, at the moment anyway.

You can, however, have the message log displayed on a separate window instead of on the main map. (Game -> Game Options -> Message Log on Separate Window). This should help you with any readability issues.

Thanks!
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn
You can, however, have the message log displayed on a separate window instead of on the main map. (Game -> Game Options -> Message Log on Separate Window). This should help you with any readability issues.

Thanks!
separate window instead of on the main map. (Game -> Game Options -> Message Log on Separate Window). This should help you wi

OK big improvement, thanks. Very helpful !
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

Thanks!

nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Thanks!

nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

sorry for the multiple post above... no idea how I did that [&:]

Regarding the font size, with the separate window for the log, we can in fact increase font size easily. Just have to select all text [Ctrl-A] then press [Ctrl +] as many times as you need. The text then becomes the size your poor eyes need. You can revert with [Ctrl -]

This is perfect !
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

Thank!, nice tip.
'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"
xan2622

Post by xan2622 »

ORIGINAL: nukkxx5058

2 questions:
Is it possible to increase the size of the font of the message log ?
Is it possible to customize font color ?

I second these ideas. The font size in the Message Log window is a bit small (I use a 4K screen).
I use CMO 1115.8.1 on Steam.

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

And if you're got multiple monitors better still[:)]
Formerly Goodwood

LMychajluk

Post by LMychajluk »

Regarding the font size, with the separate window for the log, we can in fact increase font size easily. Just have to select all text [Ctrl-A] then press [Ctrl +] as many times as you need. The text then becomes the size your poor eyes need. You can revert with [Ctrl -]

This is perfect !

If you're in the 'Raw' Text View of the separate window ('Classic' style), you don't have to select the text. Ctrl-0 also resets to the default size.

These are the same keys used to resize text in most browsers, so I'm wondering if the Message Log window is an HTML viewer. In which case, if the text is XML and formatted via CSS, it would be really nice to be able to edit the CSS and change the style to whatever you'd like.
gennyo

Post by gennyo »

ORIGINAL: LMychajluk

This is perfect !

If you're in the 'Raw' Text View of the separate window ('Classic' style), you don't have to select the text. Ctrl-0 also resets to the default size.

These are the same keys used to resize text in most browsers, so I'm wondering if the Message Log window is an HTML viewer. In which case, if the text is XML and formatted via CSS, it would be really nice to be able to edit the CSS and change the style to whatever you'd like.

yes, it's a webview (embedded internet explorer) and all contents in it are written in HTML. you can even right click it and choose View Source, and discover all colors are hard-coded[:D]
trebor6669

Post by trebor6669 »

what resolution are you using on the 4k screen?
Thanks
julianbarker

Post by julianbarker »

It would be good to be able to customise text colour. Some tutorials use colours that are hard to read with the new colour scheme.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

I think you could play the scenarios in the editor mode and change the text yourself.
Formerly Goodwood

kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

I keep a magnifying glass handy when it's needed at various times. I can deal with that except my new nickname around the house is Sherlock. [:)]
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
guanotwozero

Post by guanotwozero »

There's a magnifier utility in "Start Menu->Windows->Ease of Access".

It's easy to use if you pin it to the taskbar, if you're running CMO as a window.
xan2622

Post by xan2622 »

ORIGINAL: trebor6669

what resolution are you using on the 4k screen?
Thanks

3840x2160 pixels with 150% DPI. The font size is readable but still small. This is why I think it would be convenient to have an option to change the font size.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”