Common Sprites

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Jace11

Common Sprites

Post by Jace11 »

Bought the game in the sale, enjoying it. I did a quick batch process of the unit sprites to remove the white outlines around the vehicles on counters. Small and simple little mod (converted them to 32bit .bmp, used the original sprite as an alpha instead and bypassed the in-game alpha with a coloured pixel top left). I think you have to import them into individual scenarios to get them to work.

Back up your Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm\Modules\FPRS\Data\Common first, then copy to that location, then install to that location.

Edit: I had to update the sprites... I found that the new PACT forces sprites would show when updating underlying scenario data, but after saving, they wouldn't show in a scenario. Stumped as to why but figured it was the mirroring left to right that PACT counters have so put a second coloured pixel in the top right. This fixed it. I guess the in-game alpha check must occur after flipping the sprite then?
Attachments
Common Sprites.zip
(756.03 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
CapnDarwin

RE: Common Sprites

Post by CapnDarwin »

I'm fairly sure we look at the transparency before flipping the Red Sils, but I will have to check with the others. In the new game engine, the sils are bigger and we are working to not have a halo on them as well. Many changes and improvements coming. [8D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”