Change Steam WS directoiry in CMO

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

gsalvar

Change Steam WS directoiry in CMO

Post by gsalvar »

Hi, does anybody know if it is possible change the folder where STEAM downloads the scen workshops files?. In CMANO these files where download to the "Steam Workshop". In CMO are stored in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content". That's mean that CMANOScendView utility is not able to locate them. Thanks.
Clockmaster77

RE: Change Steam WS directoiry in CMO

Post by Clockmaster77 »

Hi,
in the "Load Scenario Window", you must select the "Steam Workshop" Tab, not the "Scenarios" one.
Here you will find all the scenarios downloaded from Steam Workshop.
Goodbye
"History is the only discipline that is studied not to be repeated."
gsalvar

Post by gsalvar »

I know thanks.
The problem is that steam CMO workshop files are downloaded to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content" and I'd like to be stored in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command - Modern Operations\Scenarios\Steam Workshop". (this was the CMANO steam workshop folder)
Otherwise CMO folders are not included in the scenery scanning done by the CMANOScendView tool.
So I'd like to choose the directory where steam workshop download the files. If its possible

Clockmaster77

Post by Clockmaster77 »

In my case, scenarios are correctly scanned and recognized, I've tried to download some of them and to play it, and they worked perfectly. Maybe there is another issue? For example please note that on steam workshop there are some scenarios that causes my command to crash at startup, so I have to remove them. Let me know if you solve the problem. Goodbye
"History is the only discipline that is studied not to be repeated."
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I thought that CMO will copy them from Steam download folder into the CMO 'Steam Workshop' folder when you start it up. That was how CMANO did it.
Michael
gsalvar

Post by gsalvar »

Exactly. In CMANO this is the way it works.

But in CMO downloaded scens are stored in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content" in several sub folders named with numbers, without any kind of logic.
For me this is a mess.
Try to locate the scen file in your HD. It is possible but you have to look for it using explorer,etc.
Additionally the Scenview utility(very recomendable to organise your sceneries) works, but excluding the steam WS downloaded files.

magi

Post by magi »

how can i get steam workshop scenarios... to play if my CMO is just matrix..? i want to check them out... i really want one called Chines Chock Hold....
gsalvar

Post by gsalvar »

I am not sure, If you login to steam in the web, maybe you could access to the workshop of CMO and download them.
check it if works.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”