Turning Off Optinals During a Game

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

ssiviour

Turning Off Optinals During a Game

Post by ssiviour »

We have just completed our 2nd Turn of a Global War Netplay game using 3.0.4

Have noticed that the Optional HQ Movement is turned on. It was not an optional either of us voted for.

Is it possible to turn off this optional rule without corrupting our game?
Attachments
Screenshot21.jpg
Screenshot21.jpg (816.98 KiB) Viewed 117 times
Orm

RE: Turning Off Optinals During a Game

Post by Orm »

Yes, some optionals may be changed after the game has begun.

However, looking at the attached picture it looks to me like the HQ movement option is off.

Anyway, you can change the status of the optional rule by <CTRL> left click on the optional rule in question. This should change it status at once (if it is allowed to be changed).
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: Orm
Anyway, you can change the status of the optional rule by <CTRL> left click on the optional rule in question. This should change it status at once (if it is allowed to be changed).
Wow, when was this functionality added? Or, has it always been there?
Ronnie
ssiviour

Post by ssiviour »

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

Thanks Orm, I noticed during the review game function that a right click on the optional would remove the On word, hence missing from the screenshot.

I guess what I am uncertain about now, and may be trial and error, is that as a Netplay game getting this done on both computers. We will see next session.

Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

This capability was in the original release: November 2013.

I should update the Help text for the Optional Rules Help form, though.[:(]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “World in Flames”