The only YouTube LP Videos ever made of a WITPAE MP game?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Tanaka

The only YouTube LP Videos ever made of a WITPAE MP game?

Post by Tanaka »

Don't know if anyone has ever posted about this before but XTRG and THG are doing an amazing MP LP of WITPAE on YouTube. Has this ever been done before? It's a great watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uex4E9B ... y_3it2Tkgc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97y2Dh2 ... vFv5cbErvi
Canoerebel

RE: The only YouTube LP Videos ever made of a WITPAE MP game?

Post by Canoerebel »

For me, and perhaps only for me and nobody else in the wide world, this is worse than watching paint dry.

I know a number of Forumites enjoy videos like this. There was a lengthy thread years ago to discuss a video/blog about a game called "Kerbel Space" (or something like that). The Moose enjoyed it, so I tried it - my first foray into game chat/video/blog. I was bored out of my mind in two minutes.

Is it an age thing? Do younger folks tend to enjoy this format, and older folks not so much?

I'd much rather play the game or do anything enjoyable or productive or necessary.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Ah, so you HAVE watched paint dry! [:D]
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

Shameless plug of my game with XTRG on the Marianas scenario.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... g+marianas

Turn 31 is a good one for the battleship club.
For me, and perhaps only for me and nobody else in the wide world, this is worse than watching paint dry.

I know a number of Forumites enjoy videos like this. There was a lengthy thread years ago to discuss a video/blog about a game called "Kerbel Space" (or something like that). The Moose enjoyed it, so I tried it - my first foray into game chat/video/blog. I was bored out of my mind in two minutes.

Is it an age thing? Do younger folks tend to enjoy this format, and older folks not so much?

I'd much rather play the game or do anything enjoyable or productive or necessary.

I think it's a difficult one.

The big advantage with streaming is that there's direct and live interaction between the streamer and chat. Instead of comments on a periodic AAR update, there's input while you're watching the replay/plotting the turn.

That's nice two-way feedback - suggestions can be directly acted on, explanations can be requested and given and so on. I think it's an amazing format for newer players to learn.

The downside is that AE doesn't lend itself to that format easily, for a number of reasons.

How long does it take to plot an average turn of AE? How much of it is going to be the important and boring housekeeping of pilots, convoys and industry?

From an audience standpoint, XTRG is fairly new to the game, which is good for the player-base with limited experience or AI only experience to watch a PBEM in a safe environment.

What we currently lack in AE streaming is the more experienced counter-part. I've always fancied trying my hand at it as I enjoy discussing the game, and think it should be palatable with doing the boring stuff off-screen.

In short, given that you're well-versed in the game, if it was a more experienced player broadcasting you might get more out of it.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel
Is it an age thing?
Aye. "Kids these days."
Do younger folks tend to enjoy this format, and older folks not so much?

Aye.

But didn't you say that you were a Braves fan and frequently listened to their games on the Radio? [:'(]
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Kerbal Space Program. An excellent game. The videos were made by an ACTUAL rocket scientist, so (insert Bronx Cheer.) [8D]

I have fallen into bad company with a new game: Factorio. A "lifestyle" game along the lines of AE. Some excellent videos on YouTube by a guy named Tuplex. Up to 18 episodes on the current version, .17. GOTP loves his voice; she asks me to run the videos while she does school work. He sounds like Gilfoyle from "Silicon Valley", but without the snark. You, living in the 19th C. with no TV, have no idea what I'm talking about. [:'(]

First inch of forecast 11 inches of snow tonight is on the ground. We're in for the duration of the holiday. It's Factorio time!
The Moose
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Is it an age thing?
Aye. "Kids these days."
Do younger folks tend to enjoy this format, and older folks not so much?

Aye.

But didn't you say that you were a Braves fan and frequently listened to their games on the Radio? [:'(]

Haha watching baseball and golf [>:] But I get it I like to watch Lets Plays in the background while I'm web surfing or playing games. And this one is nice to watch while playing WITPAE. Always learning new stuff.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”