Game Crash

3D version of Close Combat
RD Knight

Game Crash

Post by RD Knight »

I had a game crash while playing Balleroy map. I have sent Mr. McClaire the error logs associated with the crash.
RD Knight

RE: Game Crash

Post by RD Knight »

The analysis by Steve McClaire indicated that the crash had something to do with the STEAM web page being open at the same time. This is curious. Has anyone else experienced this type of occurrence?

Update (Nov. 24 @2230hrs): Just replayed map and had no problems or crashes.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Knights -- the log you sent me was an expected error message that happens on game startup when you are running the Steam version without the Steam client running. So the log must have been created after the crash on Balleroy. I played the saved game you sent and was able to get through the battle without error.

Did the game prompt you to send in the log automatically when you restarted after the crash? If you said yes to this then Slitherine will have it and it will get to me fairly quickly.

Steve
RD Knight

Post by RD Knight »

No prompt from the game. In fact, I had to stop my computer (holding in the start button until shutdown) because I had no control. Of course, I was running the game in full screen mode, and therefore was prevented from executing any prompt to stop the game (i.e. ctrl-alt-delete command).

Upon reflection, I do recall getting an error message on startup of the game. I paid little attention to it because, one, I had seen it before during Beta testing, and, two, I was able to start game even though I ignored the (apparent) error.

Thx for the feedback Steve.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”