Holiday Gift Cards

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rickier65

Holiday Gift Cards

Post by rickier65 »

Matrix used to offer gift cards, which made for nice gift ideas for birthdays and christmas. I almost always received one. Any chance of bringing them back this Christmas?

thanks
Rick
VPaulus

RE: Holiday Gift Cards

Post by VPaulus »

I'm afraid it's not possible yet.
bobarossa

Post by bobarossa »

How about being able to buy a game and not having it automatically registered to your account? That way I could buy my brother a game and he could register it to his own account.
budd

Post by budd »

ORIGINAL: bobarossa

How about being able to buy a game and not having it automatically registered to your account? That way I could buy my brother a game and he could register it to his own account.

I think you can just buy while not signed in to accomplish this.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
bobarossa

Post by bobarossa »

I think I tried that last time. Probably saw the email address I used and assigned game to that. Guess I should try one matrix doesn't recognize next time.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

We had a lot of bad experience with these (and so did users). Before we think about adding them again we'd really need a better way to integrate it so it was easier to use, didn't expire so quickly and could be used with other coupons.

I'm going to look in to a buy as gift option as this is more feasible in the short term.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Yes, I think this is the way to go. A gift card can basically be a coupon. And, this is the owner of the coupon, that is to say the gift card, who buys the game he wants.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: IainMcNeil

We had a lot of bad experience with these (and so did users). Before we think about adding them again we'd really need a better way to integrate it so it was easier to use, didn't expire so quickly and could be used with other coupons.

I'm going to look in to a buy as gift option as this is more feasible in the short term.

Yes, good point. The inability to use with other coupons did bother me a bit. A buy as gift option would work for me.

Thanks
Rick
sinnedgrebdus

Post by sinnedgrebdus »

Hi, so I want to purchase a game but I don't have a credit card. My friend agreed to purchase it for me online and I pay her back. My question is how she can purchase with her guest information but have the game show under my name and account with my other purchased games? Should I expect no problems when I install and register?

THANKS!

Return to “General Discussion”