Shadow Empire is announced

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

Daniele

Shadow Empire is announced

Post by Daniele »

It is the year 8200. It has been several hundred years since the Dissolution War destroyed human civilization.

You and your people are rising out of the ashes and rediscovering technology and the concept of civilization.

Chances are you'll find yourself on a hellhole of a planet. One with very meagre resources, savage enemies on all sides, toxic atmosphere and irradiated lands. Though you could get luckier than that, nothing is certain...

You have been given the opportunity to lead the small city-state that you call home and that you have always served with honour.

You will have to create a strong military to expand, but you’ll also need to manage your budgets, direct your R&D, engage in diplomacy, guide your economy and plan your logistics.

And your henchmen and subjects are looking to you for guidance as well as judgement.

Can you make your people climb the ladder of civilization and technology once again? Can you conquer and reunite the planet?

Shadow Empire is the new ambitious project from VR Designs, the Developer Studio behind the renowned wargame series of Decisive Campaigns.

Shadow Empire is an immersive and rather complex turn-based wargame with a unique mix of military focus, 4X elements, procedural generation, role-playing features, making you experience reminiscences of old classics novels, such as Dune or Falkenberg's Legion.

You are the creator of your own story. Start as a leader of an isolated city-state and delve into the abandoned wilderness, looking for resources, establishing outposts, building roads, discovering technologies and waging war against your local opponents.

A complex and flexible management system allows you to manage almost every aspect of your rising Empire. From appointing a different kind of Sub-Leaders (Zone Governors, Council Directors, Army Commanders, Advisors) to carefully balancing your needs for Water, Metal, Rare Metals, Oil and Radioactive.

The military element hasn’t been neglected, rather Shadow Empire has been built around a strong wargaming core. Your soldiers are affected by endless factors, such as Readiness, Morale, Supplies, Experience, Entrenchment, Landscapes, Recon, Rivers, Weapon and Armor Technologies, Concentric Attacks, Leader Skills and Posture Stratagems. Discover and Design dozens of different Equipment Types (like Light Tank, Walkers, Missile Launchers and so on).

Create the World by using real Astrobiology data about Climates, Rainfall, Deserts, Snow, Glaciers, Lava streams, Deep Forests, Mountain chains, Resources, Rivers, Biohazard Level and Respiratory Hazard Level, and more.

We have just started to scratch the surface of the countless possibilities and elements Shadow Empire has to offer.

What are you waiting for? Get more information about the game from its official product page.
1775Cerberus

RE: Shadow Empire is announced

Post by 1775Cerberus »

Count me very intrigued.
Emx77

Post by Emx77 »

What is approximate release date?
Paez55

Post by Paez55 »

I have been following this game for a while. It is good to see it making progress. It looks so much better now.
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

pbem++?
Vic

Post by Vic »

@paez55: Thanks!
@lecrop: Due to long game lengths the game will be most suitable for single player, however at least conventional PBEM (without server) and Hotseat will be supported.
@emx77: Probably somewhere in Q2 2020. But as always this an estimate and not a promise :)

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

ORIGINAL: Vic

@lecrop: Due to long game lengths the game will be most suitable for single player, however at least conventional PBEM (without server) and Hotseat will be supported.

Great. The length of the game is no problem for me, I like multiplayer long games with a lot of human players (Advanced Tactics Gold, Dominions, Field of Glory: Empires, etc)

Do you know the maximum number of players and/or AI that can play in a multiplayer game?

Thanks in advance, I love ATG and I'm already impatient with this Shadow Empire [:)]
Vic

Post by Vic »

@lecrop: About 3 or 4 human players will be the maximum for initial release.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

ORIGINAL: Vic

@lecrop: About 3 or 4 human players will be the maximum for initial release.
Thank you very much Vic
reynt

Post by reynt »

Spanish game please [&o]
Más juegos en español¡¡¡
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Hopefully there will be a robust diplomacy aspect as well? I've been disappointed by the weak diplomacy options in the last few multi-player games I've bought/considered buying (things like no non-aggression pacts, etc.).
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

Hopefully there will be a robust diplomacy aspect as well? I've been disappointed by the weak diplomacy options in the last few multi-player games I've bought/considered buying (things like no non-aggression pacts, etc.).

Its possible to make a non-aggression pact :) However such a pact can also be cancelled if Relation drops low enough. To do this certain Decisions will be necc or Stratagems will need to be played.

Best wishes,
Vic
kolosm

Post by kolosm »

I can't wait, this game has so many interesting features in itself. PBEM in a few players will probably be a great experience:)
harley9699

Post by harley9699 »

Been following this for a long time (since it was announced, actually). Really looking forward to it.
Of course, I have all the other VR Designs games already. :D
Can't wait! (well, guess I can since I have to, but you know...)
wodin

Post by wodin »

Vic should be applauded for being innovative and a breath of fresh air in the days of cookie cutter game designs. Babarossa is an under rated master piece in my opinion.
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Vic should be applauded for being innovative and a breath of fresh air in the days of cookie cutter game designs. Babarossa is an under rated master piece in my opinion.

Yes but that is for a big part also due to Cameron Harris who teamed up with me to produce Barbarossa.
Firebri

Post by Firebri »

For me, it will make a nice change. From turn based WWII [:D]

Return to “Shadow Empire”