Accuracy again

3D version of Close Combat
wodin

Accuracy again

Post by wodin »

OK I'm loving the long drawn out firefights using small arms. Very realistic alot of lead flying for few casualties.

However when it comes to AFV's and Guns definitely issues. First I've had two tanks neither moving firing and firing at one another for no hits. Surely after one or two rounds the gunner would have adjusted the sights and hit. Same with Anti Tank guns aswell. Lots of missing esp at stationary targets isn't right. I mean both tanks seemed to be missing, just, yet the aiming seemed to take a very long time to have made what would have been a minor gun adjustment and worse still miss by same margin. Missing each other is even worse if they are right next to each other. A German rifle team just walked casually past my Tank Destroyer who went slowly past the other way. No firing at all or reaction to enemy here.

SO in my opinion small arms fire is great. EVerything else has serious aiming issues.

ALso grenades and HE shells seem to have very poor danger radius. Not noticed difference between HE and shrapnel shells. Visually anyway. Be cool if the ground was damaged\marked after HE blasts.

(Had to install on Sons PC as my PC still has booting game issue)
GrdAdmiral

RE: Accuracy again

Post by GrdAdmiral »

Also the animation for the anti-tank guns / artillery is not displaying properly. The round is fired from two feet away from the gun to the right or left and not from the barrel.
budd

Post by budd »

Also noticed some wild shots way over the target by AT guns, looks like there going up to the sky but its hard to tell sometimes. Then there's other times where it seems to work OK, just had my 37mm AT gun hit 2 out of 4 shots taking out a tank and an armored car at around 300m, then later the same AT gun couldn't hit a stationary armored car, after 8 missed shots i put it back on ambush. The shot was farther 350+m but the earlier shot when it took out the tank, the tank was moving.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for the feedback guys. Please make sure you have the Friday update installed. That has a tweak for tank and AT gun accuracy. Let me know if you already have it and you're still seeing cases of lots of missed shots in a row.
ringoblood

Post by ringoblood »

+
Beta Tester:
1. The Bloody First
2. Warplan
budd

Post by budd »

I have the update installed already. Sometimes when im behind the tank or AT gun it looks like its shooting way up in the sky, going way over the target, almost like a lob shot.

Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Maybe we can get a guide to the text files in the BASE folder. I know some of those behaviors were moddable in previous CCs.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Budd -- what tank/gun? Some are fairly low velocity and will have a higher firing arc than others.

Steve
budd

Post by budd »

37mm

This is another battle, the germans rolled an AT gun out on the road to take out my 30cal. I targeted with my 37M, 182 meters, took 6 shots to score a hit. Watching from behind the gun i swear it looks like some shots go into the black, nothing hits the ground around the target that i could see on those shots. I tried to catch the shot in a screen, but no luck. Is the bottom picture a problem? same road as above shot, the armored car comes racing down the road, i target it with the 37m, "steep angle" doesn't fire, range 120m. The line is green all the way. I move the gun halfway down the front of that hill, back up top, never could find a place where it would fire, always "steep angle" that is a sweet firing position for that gun[:)]

Steve did you see my post on the F8 key? is that supposed to be active for us users? forget it, saw your answer in the other thread.

Attachments
bandicam2..570down.jpg
bandicam2..570down.jpg (784.22 KiB) Viewed 218 times

tigercub

Post by tigercub »

steam version how do i update it Steve?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for the example Budd. I will take a look. Max depression on the US 37mm AT gun is -10 degrees so just eyeballing it that shot at the halftrack looks okay.

If the gunner was consistently 'over' then he probably made an initial range estimate that was too long and walked it back. Enemy AT guns are also fairly small targets to hit so the experience based max accuracy might require a few shots to hit even after he is on range.

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: tigercub
steam version how do i update it Steve?

Steam will update automatically, tigercub. The latest went live on Friday.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

Steve
"If the gunner was consistently 'over' then he probably made an initial range estimate that was too long and walked it back. Enemy AT guns are also fairly small targets to hit so the experience based max accuracy might require a few shots to hit even after he is on range."

my 2 cents....these troops, both german and allied are supposed to be trained and trained well at aiming there heavy weapons. veterans most of them. if a gun crew or a tank has to walk there rounds back like a mortor then theres something wrong IMO. we have had this issue in other CC games.....gun accuracy and hitting the target. if it takes a trained crew 6 shots to hit something at 182m then theres something wrong with accuracy within the game and it should be tweaked....don't you think?
budd

Post by budd »

The thing is that same gun on an earlier battle from the same position did fine, took out a moving AC in 3 shots, the other 37mm gun on the other side hit on 2 out of 4 shots taking out a tank and AC. In this example i was more worried about the steep angle thing.

GrdAdmiral

Post by GrdAdmiral »

The halftrack guns are bugged too. They either only shot the sky or the mountain ground in front of them. They never seem to hit the units targeted.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

the update say disk error now the game does not work! now i am stuck on this road! not happy spending hours trying to fix this i, i know its a steam problem. yes been looking a countless youtube videos now how the fix this! oh joy!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
budd

Post by budd »

ORIGINAL: tigercub

the update say disk error now the game does not work! now i am stuck on this road! not happy spending hours trying to fix this i, i know its a steam problem. yes been looking a countless youtube videos now how the fix this! oh joy!
Not sure i understand, Steam updates automatically on its own without user input. Try verifying your files or maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

tigercub

Post by tigercub »

not much i have not done reinstall was the first thing i did!
budd

Post by budd »

What do you mean when you say the "update say disk error" ? How did you update?

tigercub

Post by tigercub »

pushed bottom update if you know steam as i do it happends a lot...to many games the are many you tube videos on it

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”