Problem with troops and debris field ships

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Siddham

Problem with troops and debris field ships

Post by Siddham »

I am having a strange problem with a ship I repaired from a debris field. It is a powerful capital ship that has space for about 3 ground forces. When I go into my colonies screen to the troops & characters tab this ship is showing in the transfer area for every colony. The ship is not even at a colony; it is sitting over a gas giant. I am able to instantly teleport troops from any colony in my empire to that ship. Definitely something is wrong seems to me.
In fact the troop carrying capacity of the debris field ships has caused me a lot of headaches because they keep picking up troops even when I tell them to unload they immediately load up again. Maybe I should just get rid of them. Retire them.
Has anyone any insight into what may be happening in this situation?
Thanks
USSAmerica

RE: Problem with troops and debris field ships

Post by USSAmerica »

I think that transfer option only works for "characters" and not for troops.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Siddham

Post by Siddham »

No, the transfer button allows you to transfer a unit from a colony to a ship that is above the colony. The ship will be named in the transfer box. If there are multiple ships there will be a dropdown menu allowing you choose which ship to transfer them to. Ships not above the colony are not listed.
Siddham

Post by Siddham »

Decided to retire the debris field ships and got some really useful research.
Those ships were not fitting in to how I manage things (manual).
But I do wonder what was going on; why was that one ship turning up in the transfer box for every colony; but my own troop ships were not?
ElanaAhova_slith

Post by ElanaAhova_slith »

I think, been a long time, vanilla game you can change the orders in construction screen to tell ship not to load troops. Its been several years - I could be wrong.

EDIT: Found notes. No way to stop ancestor ships from collecting troops - manual control only delays. You can order them to invade "0%" - ie never invade. Prevents ship from landing troops when it should be killing enemy ships. Best work around I found.
Do as you would be done by.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”