Revised version of Comte de Grasse Squadron, 1988

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mgellis

Revised version of Comte de Grasse Squadron, 1988

Post by Mgellis »

HalfLifeExpert spotted a potential problem with this scenario, so I revised it slightly. It's probably ready to be submitted to the Community Scenario Pack, but I figured it could not hurt to have people take a look and make sure there is nothing else that needs to be changed or corrected. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Attachments
ComtedeG..on1988.zip
(104.76 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
HalfLifeExpert

RE: Revised version of Comte de Grasse Squadron, 1988

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

I've just tested the scenario with your revision. I think it works rather well.

Spoiler:

I was able to stop 3 of the 4 cruise missiles, but it was a tense moment when I failed to stop the last one due to it coming from a slightly different direction, and me briefly getting distracted by something else.

Strangely though, while I was expecting the missile to vaporize my base, it just got over the island and dropped off my scope. Are there weapon malfunctions modeled? That's the only explanation I can think of.
Patmanaut

Post by Patmanaut »

I´m replaying it without reading the comments.
Got Lajes vaporized on my first time. I've replayed a 100 second save, a first conventional warhead granit blasted a Chaparral unit and the second one vaporized Lajes again.
The chaparrals didn´t react at all no matter doctrine, EMCON, WRA, manual or auto targetting.
It´s been a while, since I've played Mark's scenarios which have a healty dose of unpredictability.

Regards
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

The Chaparrals aren't able to hit missiles (I checked the database). You have to shoot the incoming missiles down with the Tomcats, which is actually one of the things they were designed to do.
ORIGINAL: Patmanaut

I´m replaying it without reading the comments.
Got Lajes vaporized on my first time. I've replayed a 100 second save, a first conventional warhead granit blasted a Chaparral unit and the second one vaporized Lajes again.
The chaparrals didn´t react at all no matter doctrine, EMCON, WRA, manual or auto targetting.
It´s been a while, since I've played Mark's scenarios which have a healty dose of unpredictability.

Regards
Patmanaut

Post by Patmanaut »

(Spoiler.)

Yes, I realized that pretty quick.
On my first try I´ve sent the Tomcats to give some air cover to the merchants and the De Grasse group, to the despair of the people at Lajes.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”