Help!! - The Dhayut's are rampaging across the galaxy

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

LordMM

Help!! - The Dhayut's are rampaging across the galaxy

Post by LordMM »

So i am playing a game with the Bacon and Retreat UE Mod in Normal difficulty. Game started of difficult as i did not have too many colonizable planets nearby. Was forced to invade and take over a Pirate World far off, so that they would not cut away my expansion to the eastern sectors of the galaxy. Had massive logistics and resource issues which i managed to Iron out as time went on. Ever since, there has been a bloody fight of attrition against the Pirates who operated in that sector of space. They used to have a military rating of almost 10k, Now they are at 1129 after extensive Anti piracy operations.

Below is the state of the Galaxy

Below their power Rating

I have an overall military strength of 13,000. They have a strength of 1,14,846. Its almost beyond ridicules how powerful they have become. Apparently i believe they managed to get a few of the powerful ships from a star-ship graveyard or two. Dhayut Worlds is in a war with the Andrumida Empire(the yellow guys), who is getting badly mauled as you can see. Unfortunately, they are the only Empire which even remotely likes me. My economy is already running at -70k, No way i can expand my fleet beyond this

If anyone wants to try their luck, here is the save file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yz6kK ... xnG_0f_QQ7

Remember, you need the Retreat UE with the Bacon mod.

It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly, than to live somebody else's life with perfection.
Retreat1970

RE: Help!! - The Dhayut's are rampaging across the galaxy

Post by Retreat1970 »

Some of my greatest games came from desperate situations.

One game, and my memory is fuzzy, I was Atuuk again (addiction) and I was in your situation but worse. The Giz were 10x more advanced than I was in every way. They were demolishing me and I had little to stop them. As I was desperately trying to fend off the bugs the Boskurans decided to hit me from the north. I said that's it, new game, but I didn't quit and decided to watch Rome burn. I was down to maybe 4-5 systems when the unbelievable happened. The Gizureans declared war on the Boskurans! Unreal turn of events. I started to make a small comeback but I remember being too exhausted to carry on.

That being said that was a great game for me and I was losing badly.

A couple things: The AI is dumb and loves to do dumb things at dumb times. Also if you're behind the tech curve remember there is a cap. You'll match the AI eventually if you survive.

RetreatUE can be hard. I rarely played above hard difficulty when I played. Extreme is suicide. My 2c.
Siddham

Post by Siddham »

I remember when I first began gaming I was playing Age of Empires (the first one). The AI came and stomped me with an early rush; but I somehow managed to sneak a worker away from the carnage and hid him in a wooded corner. When the AI had destroyed my settlement and slaughtered everyone it went away. Then I snook my worker off to a little remote clearing on the edge of the map and started building. I kept to myself and kept building and when I was ready I unleash my wrath. I have never forgotten that game.
ElanaAhova_slith

Post by ElanaAhova_slith »

I've been stomped many times. And won a few. Enjoy the journey.
Do as you would be done by.
LordMM

Post by LordMM »

Certain refugees from a certain galaxy just popped in the backyard of the Dhayuts.....

[:(][X(]
It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly, than to live somebody else's life with perfection.
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

That...could potentially be very bad...
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

or an incredible opportunity if they ravage the Dhayuts a little.
LordMM

Post by LordMM »

YAY, look who's coming to party....

I'M soo dead

Raagun

Post by Raagun »

I have much fun playing this scenario. You have sick good characters there.
Like general with +74% attack power. Scientist with global +20% research bonus. Together with +60% weapon research. And intelligence agents with +40-20% espionage.
LordMM

Post by LordMM »

lol...yeah...i have renamed that General Erwin Rommel just for the lolz, and that James Bond of an intelligence agent with 60%+ concealment. He was 80% before his home planet got blown up :|

After the Epic fail that was my first try. I'm going to have to try this again the second time. Maybe this time i should ignore the Ancient guardians and not get into the cross hairs of the Shakturi. Completly focus on invading the Tilus Homeworld.

drillerman

Post by drillerman »

Of all the Space 4X games I have played over the years, I still believe DW is one of, if not the best one.
The sheer size and epic(ness) of the game still keeps me coming back time after time!
Can't wait for DW2!!!!!
Huh?
ElanaAhova_slith

Post by ElanaAhova_slith »

Agree. Agree. Agree. Oh, did I mention, I agree! :) DW is by far the best.

EDIT sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Apologies.
Do as you would be done by.
Siddham

Post by Siddham »

Me too [:)]
LordMM

Post by LordMM »

Huh....While focusing too much on the Dhayut and the Shakturi. Quanemo, the light pink guys suddenly won the game..
Think the same thing happened to @Raagun too.. lol

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”