USA mobilization

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

El Condoro

USA mobilization

Post by El Condoro »

I am playing a PBEM game as the Allies and it is 10 April 1942 and the USA is at only 68% mobilization. How is that possible? My opponent has not invaded the USSR yet but historically Germany declared war on the USA after Pearl Harbor to honor its Axis pact terms.
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord
Taxman66

RE: USA mobilization

Post by Taxman66 »

Possibilities (including combinations of):
1. Turn bug in v16.02 that accidently increased the number of days that passed in spring/fall/winter turns. This results in 3 less turns per side per year. Since mobilization increases in both Axis and Allied turns... Though in the USA case it doesn't start immediately (theres a thread in the War Room category that details this). However it also affects Russian Mobilization and it would be highly unlikely that the USSR would not be in the war by that date either.

2. Diplomacy investment can take bites out of major power mobilization. Particularly if you don't counter it. It is expensive to partake of this and not so sure if it is worth it when #1 is fixed with new patch.

3. Passive Axis actions (e.g. no Denmark, Norway, Luxembourg, allowing Belgium to join allies after DoW Netherlands).

4. Real bad luck with Mobilization rolls.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
El Condoro

Post by El Condoro »

1. The USSR went to 100% mobilization and then a script declared war on Germany - I was planning to not DoW Germany to prove to the US that they are not Russia were the nasty aggressors that they needed to get involved against.

I still think there should be a big boost in US mobilization automatically after December 1941.
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Did Pearl Harbor trigger happen? That is a 15-20% mobilization increase.
After that (1942) increases should be 2-4% per turn (both Axis & Allied Turns).

#NAME= Pearl Harbor Attack (USA->Allies)
#TRIGGER= 100
#DATE= 1941/12/07
;15-20% mobilization increase towards Allies
; UK politically aligned with Allies and not surrendered
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
nnason

Post by nnason »

Did any of the game updates change the USA mobilization? In other words, how does the USA and the Axis AI respond to Pearl Harbor? Has this changed since Taxman66's post above in August 2019?
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Other than fixing the bug, no there has been no changes to US mobilization.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”