Forum seems to be giving strange msg

Please post only issues involving NetPlay here. All other issues should go in the main Tech Support sub-forum.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

AxelNL

Forum seems to be giving strange msg

Post by AxelNL »

i am getting this, whilst can load a NP game afterwards

Attachments
2019_08_18..elopment.jpg
2019_08_18..elopment.jpg (176.17 KiB) Viewed 320 times
AxelNL

RE: Forum seems to be giving strange msg

Post by AxelNL »

and NP gaming is much more delayed than normal from time to time. Is it because works are done on the forum?
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

and NP gaming is much more delayed than normal from time to time. Is it because works are done on the forum?

performance is this week ok again, error msg is still there
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

i am getting this, whilst can load a NP game afterwards

I need to put together a full description of the problem for Matrix to fix.

Basically, the Seeking Opponents Database is inaccessible.

If you click on OK, the program will run NetPlay games normally. Presently the trouble is only the non-fatal error message and the (seemingly) empty Seeking Opponents Database.

===

This trouble occurred when Matrix/Slitherine updated their Web Page a week or so ago.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Pax25

Post by Pax25 »

I'm experiencing the same issue. I get that message and then the seeking opponents page is empty. Never used to happen before.
Javstein

Post by Javstein »

I have the same problem: (149 Transmit Post) The connection to the NetPlay Forum was lost. You need to Exit Forum and reenter.

And a question, the netplayreg file is empty, is that normal? Shouldn't I have my username and password?
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

That problem (i.e. 149 Transmit Post) still exists but for your NetPlayReg.txt file you can press the button on the splash screen that is labelled "Private WIF NetPlay Forum" and after you press the Login button there, you should be given the form to fill out which will then update that file.

Possibly, reinstalling MWiF on your computer is what caused NetPlayReg.txt to become blank.
Paul
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Javstein

I have the same problem: (149 Transmit Post) The connection to the NetPlay Forum was lost. You need to Exit Forum and reenter.

And a question, the netplayreg file is empty, is that normal? Shouldn't I have my username and password?
This is a problem at the Slitherine/Matrix server end. I do not have the ability to make changes to that code.

It occurred when they switched to a new interface for their website. I have a request for a fix in.

You can still play using NetPlay, just ignore the "disconnected" message - press the OK button. NetPlay then works as normal. What is missing are all the entries in the Seeking Opponents database - it is shown as empty/blank.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

The server was repaired couple of days before, but stopped listing our names and restoring the savegames during the evening of oct 5 CET. Later it did function again and stopped again 30m later. We than stopped our session.

Update on oct 6: server works again.

Return to “NetPlay Tech Support”