OT: WW2 POW Story

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Footslogger

OT: WW2 POW Story

Post by Footslogger »

I saw this video and it gave me new perspective of the war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezKfWZW_DJs

ushakov

RE: OT: WW2 POW Story

Post by ushakov »

Good find! Glenn Frazier was also one of the veterans who spoke about their experience in the Ken Burns series 'The War'. That show goes into more detail about his time as a POW, and a little about his homecoming at the war's end as well - very moving.

I do have to wonder about that 'Japanese' air attack on the POW camp though. It happened was while the war was still ongoing and he was held in a Japanese-controlled camp in Osaka. Sending Zeros to bomb buildings and shoot up roads in the middle of their own city seems very unlikely; I have a nasty suspicion those planes were US carrier aircraft who had no idea what they were targeting, and his buddies were killed by friendly fire [:(].
Orm

RE: OT: WW2 POW Story

Post by Orm »

I'll take a look soon. Thank you.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”