Nuts and bolts testers?

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

welk

RE: Nuts and bolts testers?

Post by welk »

Relax, dear friend[:'(] Clenching is a bad thing for your health. We are here to play, not to be vindictive
juntoalmar

Post by juntoalmar »

"You can put any amount of ships in a port."

In MWiF there is major ports (with unlimited number of ships in it) and minor ports (with limits), which makes sense to me.

I don't know if it makes sense that the whole US Navy could fit in a small port as Kuching (Malaysia) or a tiny island in the Pacific.
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
AlvaroSousa

Post by AlvaroSousa »

Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it. Players won't do it because a small port can't repair and is incredibly vulnerable to being attacked. If the US wanted they could park their fleet around any port, though unwise. There is no need to implement a feature players have to think about when naturally they aren't going to be foolish enough to do it.

Large ports repair and protect against sub/surface attack. Small ports do not.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
juntoalmar

Post by juntoalmar »

That "it's allowed in the game" and that "it's smart for a player to do" are different things.

My point is if it makes sense as part of the rules. If the result is dumb or are master play is irrelevant.
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

What kind of stacking is allowed at sea? I have played games in the past that allowed unlimited stacking at sea. All I had to do was stack the German Fleet in one hex, the AI would attack it piecemeal, and in a short period of time the Germans had complete sea supremacy.
AlvaroSousa

Post by AlvaroSousa »

9 naval groups per fleet with a maximum of 3 carrier groups.

I did some analysis on fleet combat and organization with these amounts sounding about correct with a little more room.

The A.I. will make intelligent decisions on whether to intercept or not based on the following criteria
The ratio of its side's total naval strength vs the strength of the side of the enemy.
The air cover of the area
The recon level of the area

They also will send a fleet of sufficient size not to go in 1 by 1 killing themselves.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

I would like to make two points:

1. The beta testers are not allowed to share the kind of information you are looking for, mainly on account of things still being worked at.

2. Michael T is perfectly entitled to be concerned about the game's features, even entitled to have largely negative feelings toward it. But the hostile posting style he has shown here is insulting to the whole Matrix community. As a result, I am locking this thread. Michael T, consider this a warning.

If any of you have other questions regarding the naval system or anything else, you are welcome to open new threads for them, but preferably not in Michael T's style.

Thank you.

Return to “WarPlan”