RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests Go Here]

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

gennyo

RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests Go Here]

Post by gennyo »

Will the "Civilian" version of CMANO have any kind of hardware acceleration support like OpenCL if it can make simulation much faster on 3th gen to 5th gen mobile Core CPU (that's what I have for primary use)?
goldfinger35

RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features

Post by goldfinger35 »

ORIGINAL: TYHo

Is it possible that an unit can improve its status from novice to veteran after gaining combat experience, and eventually becoming an ace after shooting down enemy aircraft? And it'll be cool if we can track how many 'confirmed kills' an unit have made. [:)]
ORIGINAL: ARCNA442

I second this idea.

Since it is not on the list, my vote goes to this feature (not only for aircraft).

Also, above mentioned feature: load weapons from ship/air base magazines into aircraft/helo as cargo and transfer to another.
Peacemaker32

Post by Peacemaker32 »

I would very much appreciate the addition of two features at some point, if possible:

1. Realistic order lag; that is, units would have a delay in each phase of the "transmit orders" - "receive orders" - "carry out orders" process. This is already in the game in the form of the OODA functionality; however, it is somewhat unrealistic that a high-level command is able to directly order an individual unit to carry out a certain order. I was envisioning something similar to what already exists in Command Ops 2; however, other suggestions would be welcomed.

2. The ability to fire "warning shots" as distinct from orders to engage a target. Currently, warning shots are not modelled at all in the game; I was envisioning an option for applicable weapons to fire a "warning burst", rather than to engage a a target continuously. The AI could then be programmed to react differently to this action versus an overtly offensive one.

Any suggestions/additions are much appreciated :)
FIaps

Post by FIaps »

Could you add the Lockheed Martin Ohio-class launched MPUAV "Tic-Tac" that the Navy is pretending is aliens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRgoisHRmUE

The US Navy is claiming it moves in 6-degrees at instantaneous Mach 30 and can travel underwater at 500 knots. Also has powerful OECM and can tap into enemy datalinks so maybe represent other sides' plotted paths within a certain range. I'd add an ABM laser and B-61s since that its fairly obvious such capabilities would be for nuclear first strike.
fatgreta1066

Post by fatgreta1066 »

Request #1 : Be allowed to vote for 3-5 items in the poll instead of only 1.

Request #2: This may be weird, I'm not sure if anyone else does anything like this. In games where I'm setting up a lot of overlapping mission, I manually rename my reference points things like CAP North, so if I click on the RP I know what mission it's attached to. I'd like a feature that when I right click and select make a rectangle of Reference Points, I have to option to give all 4 of them a unique name. I'm not saying this is the holy grail for me or anything, but it would be nice.
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

I was just thinking it would be nice if you could add a prefix to a bunch of RP's all at once. I just made a whole bunch of overlapping mission RP's and didn't bother naming them and it is just a mess. If you could select them and click something to add a prefix that would be super handy.
mikerohan

Post by mikerohan »

Waypoint Orders Dialog: add a check to stop simulation (or bring up a dialog which in fact would stop the simulation...) when the asset (plane, ship, sub, group...) reaches the waypoint :)
LMychajluk

Post by LMychajluk »

I was thinking recently it would be nice to be able to set the EMCON for a Group / Unit at a waypoint, similar to the EMCOM Tab in the mission planner. It would be useful when setting up manual Intercepts or Patrols w/ aircraft or even ships.

JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

I would like a logistics system similar to the game "Admiral's Edition: War in the Pacific."
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

I was thinking recently it would be nice to be able to set the EMCON for a Group / Unit at a waypoint

I think you can do that? highlight a waypoint and right click it?
Cik

Post by Cik »

you can. the sim also does it for certain missions, where EMCON is snoozed until you reach your station or IP.
MikeJ19

Post by MikeJ19 »

Not sure if this is already somewhere, but I would like to be able to click on the contact report in the message log and find out where it is on the map. Sometimes I have to really search to figure this out.
Mike

Retired Gunner
LMychajluk

Post by LMychajluk »

ORIGINAL: Whicker
I was thinking recently it would be nice to be able to set the EMCON for a Group / Unit at a waypoint

I think you can do that? highlight a waypoint and right click it?

Well, son of a gun, I never right-clicked a waypoint! I would click them, then hit F2 to set Speed / Alt, but never knew you could change doctrine like that.

Again, I learn something new about CMANO every day....

Thanks for the tip!
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

ORIGINAL: JPFisher55

I would like a logistics system similar to the game "Admiral's Edition: War in the Pacific."
Logistics are interesting but I've not played that game. Can you give a bit more detail of what you'd like to see?
MagpieS

Post by MagpieS »

I second, or third a better cargo model.

Transferring resupply items fuel, ammunition etc to ships and land bases, repair/construction materials and units (COD brings out a new engine).
LORDPrometheus

Post by LORDPrometheus »

First of all I also would like a better cargo model the current one is such a pain and honestly is not very useful if you want to do an actual invasion and not just use it as a scenario mechanic.

Second I would like to have the ability to transfer munitions between bases and ships via the cargo system. I have multiple scenarios in the works some of which require resupply of a ship or base. This can be done via Lua but it is time consuming. The easiest way is to just make the script refill all magazines but then you can only use the specific number magazines unless you want 10,000 litening pods arriving in a C-2. This causes a huge slowdown in arming aircraft so it is best to keep small magazine numbers IE 1 10k Magazine with 20 pods rather than 20 1 pod magazines. This makes resupply a real pain and is true for 2/3 of weapons as most lack reasonably sized magazines. If you could use the cargo system to put 40 missiles or bombs or pods etc in the plane and then have it unload to the base magazines on arrival it would be much easier for all parties and create more scenario potential where the player has to determine what base gets the munitions and plans their supply logistics.
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

Basically, every port or base has to have supplies to service aircraft, troops and rearm ships. It also has to have fuel to fuel ships. Cargo and other ships or planes must carry supplies and/or fuel to the base or it can have oil or resources to make them depending on where base is located.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

I'd like to see the sensors a unit is using displayed while the 'Inherit from Parent' box is checked.

I find myself checking and unchecking the Inherit box often... maybe something like the right side of the below image. Thanks!

Attachments
CommandUI..Sensors.jpg
CommandUI..Sensors.jpg (73.5 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: LORDPrometheus
First of all I also would like a better cargo model the current one is such a pain and honestly is not very useful if you want to do an actual invasion and not just use it as a scenario mechanic.

The more details the better...
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: goldfinger35
ORIGINAL: TYHo
Is it possible that an unit can improve its status from novice to veteran after gaining combat experience, and eventually becoming an ace after shooting down enemy aircraft? And it'll be cool if we can track how many 'confirmed kills' an unit have made. [:)]
ORIGINAL: ARCNA442
I second this idea.
Since it is not on the list, my vote goes to this feature (not only for aircraft).
Also, above mentioned feature: load weapons from ship/air base magazines into aircraft/helo as cargo and transfer to another.

No objections to the idea... but given the scope of play (days or at most weeks), would it be 'realistic'?
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”