Saw these fellows flying over the beach yesterday (P-51 & P-40)

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JohnDillworth

Saw these fellows flying over the beach yesterday (P-51 & P-40)

Post by JohnDillworth »

Lots of others TBF, Helldiver, B-17G C-47 and a beautiful B-25 doing low level high speed passes. Some nitwit though painting TV advertising all over the B-25 was a good idea. loved these 2 in particular

Attachments
Airshow.jpg
Airshow.jpg (110.78 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
RangerJoe

RE: Saw these fellows flying over hte beach yeasterday

Post by RangerJoe »

Very nice!
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Elessar2

Post by Elessar2 »

Are "Jacky" and "Jacqueline" the same person? Will they dogfight for her honor?
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Beautiful! We're you flying in formation with them?

Perhaps its a generational thing - we are the children/grandchildren of the WWII vets and grew up with the period toys, movies, shows, etc. - but the WWII uniforms, aircraft, ships, tanks and other vehicles seem to be the most beautiful/interesting ever. (Kinda like '70s music turned out to be about the best ever.)
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Korvar

RE: Saw these fellows flying over the beach yessterday (P-51 & P-40)

Post by Korvar »

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Some nitwit though painting TV advertising all over the B-25 was a good idea.

I get what you're saying; however, the silver lining may be (assuming the contract was negotiated correctly), the advertiser will pay for a lot which helps keep the B-25 flying.

The B-25 is a two-pilot plane often flown by volunteers; in this case they will be paid for all contract flights (to/from locations, any test flights, actual filming flights, etc.). Pro-rated maintenance and all necessary fuel will also be covered in the contract. In addition, the advertiser will pay for all painting of the aircraft, including restoring it to the original paint scheme. So in the end the aircraft has a brand-new appropriate paint job, the crew (including ground crew) has made some money, necessary maintenance/repairs have been made, and this is all on top of the fee the advertiser will pay to the owner.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Beautiful! We're you flying in formation with them?

Perhaps its a generational thing - we are the children/grandchildren of the WWII vets and grew up with the period toys, movies, shows, etc. - but the WWII uniforms, aircraft, ships, tanks and other vehicles seem to be the most beautiful/interesting ever. (Kinda like '70s music turned out to be about the best ever.)

Some great foundational rock pieces, yes, especially in the "southern rock" genre (which is making something of a comeback with some modern groups)...

But there was some music from the 70s that was awful. Like the pina colada song, among others. Which is not to say that there aren't annoying/awful songs now. I guess what I'm saying is... the 70s weren't that much different from now, when it comes to the quality of the best music. For rock, I'd put it a notch above given the generative nature of the 70s (not that the best modern rock is simply derivative, but they're not the firsts).
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

Far enough. Here is the B-25 in all it's advertised glory

Attachments
2019JonesB..Show999.jpg
2019JonesB..Show999.jpg (251.61 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

and one from the top

Attachments
2019JonesB..how1187.jpg
2019JonesB..how1187.jpg (167.57 KiB) Viewed 163 times
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

Agree about the music. At least for popular music. My tastes generally run a couple of centuries earlier. There is a certain beauty to a piece of well maintained machinery. I'm not really a car guy but I appreciate what it takes to keep some of those old beauties running. I like looking at the vintage (and modern) aircraft but I'm glad that they have the air show the day before Memorial day and not the day of. The proper place for most of the pageantry is Veterans Day. Veterans day is to honor all those that war the uniform. Memorial Day is to honor those that never got the chance to take it off.
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

George Clooney is involved with the production and directing of Catch-22, so the B-25 owner likely was paid good money to do that advertising. Those are only vinyl (or similar) decals, not paint, so they should be pretty easy to take off without harming the aircraft's finish. Another good thing is at least Catch-22 is about B-25 crews; before the pictures I was half expecting advertising from some random car dealership.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”