Optional rule suggestion re:upgrades

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Majick

Optional rule suggestion re:upgrades

Post by Majick »

Hi Devs,

I'm finding it a little bit harsh that when I upgrade a unit that also needs reinforcements it take two full turns to do both.

Would it upset the balance if there were to be an optional rule that units get reinforced to max possible at the same time as they are upgraded (with the costs added together)?

Thanks for a great game!
PvtBenjamin

RE: Optional rule suggestion re:upgrades

Post by PvtBenjamin »

Seems like a reasonable idea.

B&H will know the ramifications.

Emporer

Post by Emporer »

ORIGINAL: PvtBenjamin

Seems like a reasonable idea.

B&H will know the ramifications.

I dont agree, to reinforce and/or upgrade a unit is timeconsuming espcially for units with vheicles as armor or others. Need of traing etc for the new weapon, euqipments and for training the recruits. My opiniun is that its good as it is. It also leave you to a choice to continue fight or reinforce or upgrade.

Cheers
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Ican see the arguement both ways. When you reinforce, you could do so with the latest equipment.

In particular I would like to be able to reinforce/repair a carrier and it's air wing in the se turn. Don't see why you couldn't have the replacement planes be made ready at the same time.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

Ican see the arguement both ways. When you reinforce, you could do so with the latest equipment.

In particular I would like to be able to reinforce/repair a carrier and it's air wing in the se turn. Don't see why you couldn't have the replacement planes be made ready at the same time.

Also agreed. The only downside I can imagine to upgrade & reinforce is that it would tip the scales to much to Axis early & allies late when they each have an economic advantage.

Carrier idea a very good one and makes sense. Does the new release limit the amount of Naval reinforcements per turn like HQs?
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Yes, but not like HQs. IIRC it's a maximum of 5 repair/turn for naval units (with Motor Torpedo boats an exception).
Hopefully this doesn't apply to air wings as well. That would make no sense.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”