MWIF messages

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

panzers

MWIF messages

Post by panzers »

I am not able to send a message about the game and in fact I can't even send the error message with the screen shot because of the same error message.
I am very frustrated because I want to get started with the game and find some opponents
Centuur

RE: MWIF messages

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: panzers

I am not able to send a message about the game and in fact I can't even send the error message with the screen shot because of the same error message.
I am very frustrated because I want to get started with the game and find some opponents

Can you be a bit more specific? I don't understand your problem...
Peter
panzers

Post by panzers »

1 log into game
2 click on private MWIF forum
3 click on login forum
Then it goes to new and then immediately gives me the error
email message: There is no email program associated to perform the associated action.
Please install an email program, or if one is already installed, create in association in the default program control panel..
The question I have is, where is the default program control panel?
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

The game is attempting to send a "MadExcept" which is a bug report that is associated with a program crash. Since you are not set up with a mail client (FREX Outlook), it gives you the message that it can't find a way to email the bug report. The bug report would normally go to the game designer so that he can try to see what crashed the program. However, that is not the real problem for you, and many of us are in a similar situation (FREX those of us who use gmail or yahoo mail, etc.).

The real problem is why did the program crash? And given what you describe, it has something to do with accessing the NetPlay forum. If you are not planning on using the NetPlay forum (FREX instead play with someone PBEM by mailing game saves back and forth) then you don't need to access it. But if you are planning on using NetPlay, then I suspect you have not registered the game and/or set up a username and password for the NetPlay forum.

So... first question - have you registered the game with Matrix?
Paul
panzers

Post by panzers »

If you're talking about registering the game from the matrix games listing then, yeah, I just did a few minutes ago
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

After that if you were able to connect to the NetPlay forum - great. If not, then we'll need to check out a couple files in the main World in Flames directory...
Paul
juntoalmar

Post by juntoalmar »

Have you updated the game to the latest version?
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

Return to “World in Flames”