Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" for new player?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

BKL

Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" for new player?

Post by BKL »

New player here - are there any mods, specifically related to the interface, font, etc. that would be considered as accepted "must haves" by most players?

Thank you
BKL
BKL
geofflambert

RE: Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" for new player?

Post by geofflambert »

I think the answer is there aren't any, must have or otherwise. There is alternative map art which is very good, produced by Chemkid. Also there is a way to replace the IJN battle flag (which is hard on the eyes) with the standard meatball flag.

Korvar

Post by Korvar »

It's possible to make WITP:AE look quite different from stock. All of the art assets are in standard format files, so just about everything is changeable. Here's a screenshot of my current game:

The map is a custom version of Chemkid's YamatoDamashii v1 SunnyDay. I forget where I originally obtained the GUI elements, but I modded those as well with the dark background / high contrast areas.

The map can be downloaded here: YamatoDamashii_SunnyDay_v1_stock

There is also a lot of good art mods in the Art mods thread.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Not really mods, but there are some companion programs that help you with the game.

Most popular is Tracker, which takes a little time to set up but it pulls together data over a time period you select so you can better see trends/progress/setbacks. You can look at individual units, or bases, or just about any other piece of info in the database. It draws the info from saved game turns.

tm.asp?m=2236936 in the stickied section of the main forum for WITP-AE.

Another one is Intel Monkey which witpqs is working on to make even more comprehensive and useful. Send him a PM to get links to it.

Korvar has released his installation helper program and is getting good feedback from the people who have tried it.

SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Application thread in the Tech Support section.

Someone suggested a "magnifier program" that lets you magnify a small section under your cursor to help with the tiny text you get when you use high resolutions. I can't remember the name of it but IIRC it was public domain. Try Googling the term.

If you have specific issues you need help with, just ask the forum and doubtless someone will know something about it.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
jecunningham

Post by jecunningham »

I found and started using Combat Reporter recently. Wow, it's an incredibly useful tool for reading the various turn reports generated. Unlike the confusing array of info presented by the game the info is very nicely sorted in much more useful categories. The way I'd expect to get it in my daily updates from my jr. officers or intelligence group. :-)

tm.asp?m=2456864

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I forgot about Combat Reporter - thanks for adding it!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: jecunningham

I found and started using Combat Reporter recently. Wow, it's an incredibly useful tool for reading the various turn reports generated. Unlike the confusing array of info presented by the game the info is very nicely sorted in much more useful categories. The way I'd expect to get it in my daily updates from my jr. officers or intelligence group. :-)

tm.asp?m=2456864

+1, I have been using Combat Reporter since it came out, and I find it the most useful third party
program, but then I am not playing any games as Japan.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”