Editing Unit Colors

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Lobster

Editing Unit Colors

Post by Lobster »

If I edit unit colors does the game pick up the changes? For instance, if I make all of the colors in one column the same will the game also see them as all the same or will it ignore my changes and see them as they were before I edited them?
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
sPzAbt653

RE: Editing Unit Colors

Post by sPzAbt653 »

will the game also see them
Well, of course the game doesn't 'see' anything, it has no eyes [:'(]

I don't know exactly how it reads the color chart, but I would guess it is something similar to what is shown below. I've only numbered the top and bottom ones, but you get the idea. So I would guess that it reads each five unit column as one input, and then the five inner colors of each column as another. It would be interesting to know exactly how the chart is read.

Attachments
ColorChart.jpg
ColorChart.jpg (145.9 KiB) Viewed 57 times
Lobster

RE: Editing Unit Colors

Post by Lobster »

I was just wondering if it read the data in the .col file. But it does and does not depending on what the information is used for. Which makes me wonder what is going on? If I can generate a .col file that shows the recolored icons why can't the game read the same file and use that to decide the formation support level? Why does it have to be written in stone and follow the original colors to decide formation support level?
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”