WITP editor x

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the game editor for WITP.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

R8J

RE: WITP editor x

Post by R8J »

Sorry. I was a trouble maker in school. Rather than hold me back, and deal with me for another year, I was passed to the next grade (I passed 9th grade English with a 52) (I did manage to pass French…I know what c’est means). My grasp of the English language is limited so I have a hard time communicating in polite society.

I meant to report that Mifune was not alone with the problem he was experiencing.

No offense taken.
Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.

Who Dares Wins.

You smell like dead bunnies.
VSWG

Post by VSWG »

ORIGINAL: R8J

Sorry. I was a trouble maker in school. Rather than hold me back, and deal with me for another year, I was passed to the next grade (I passed 9th grade English with a 52) (I did manage to pass French…I know what c’est means). My grasp of the English language is limited so I have a hard time communicating in polite society.

I meant to report that Mifune was not alone with the problem he was experiencing.

No offense taken.
Now it's my turn to be sorry - it was a simple misunderstanding. By all means, continue to post on this forum. [:)]
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

ORIGINAL: Mifune

I run XP and this is the first time I had an error report generated by EditorX. I did retry and downloaded 0.9.6.9a, but I still have an issue. I have no problem with 0.9.6.8. I PM'd you the error report that XP generated.

Ok, let's try it one more time, I put another version up with even more error checking.

This time backup 0.9.6.8 somewhere safe and unzip 0.9.6.9b version and copy all contents to where you have your current version and overwrite all.

Do not delete anything after copying.

Before starting the app right click on task bar select task manager and make sure WitpEditorX.exe is not running under the processes tab, even better reboot the computer.

If it still does not run try disabling any av, commercial or spyware apps just to see if that might be causing the problem, because there is not that much of a difference between 0.9.6.8 and 0.9.6.9. If none of this helps I'll keep trying to figure it out but right now it works fine on my machine so I don't know what the problem is.
Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.
barnacle bob

Post by barnacle bob »

I still can not get it to run. My OS is XP Home with all of the updates.

I rebooted the PC, checked the task manager, disabled Norton, I don't have Spyware. Still no luck.

The version is 0.9.6.9. Should it be 0.9.6.9b?

I do not remember the last version I had, I did not save a copy of it. I downloaded it in October if I recall correctly.

This is the dialogue box I get..."WITP Editor X" has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This is a great tool. I'm lost with out it.
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

I'm going to put 0.9.6.8 back up as well as the new version. Hmm very strange.
Witp-AE
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

Getting an error on 9.6.9 also - only says the encountered error & has to close popup. Click on the click here for more info & says error signature witpeditorx.exe appver 0.9.6.9 modname witpeditorx.exe modver 0.9.6.9 offset 000064fce. I can then click on the click here for the technical info but most of that is in hex format so couldn't tell much from that unless you give me something to look for. I have XP never patched due to it being on my laptop & not connected to internet. Will go back to old version.

Well I now have a problem on 0.9.6.8 ( I was using .7) When I try to validate locations on the location screen I get an invalid argument error popup. I guess I'll go back to .7
barnacle bob

Post by barnacle bob »

I saw the same thing when I clicked "...her for more info...".
CobraAus

Post by CobraAus »

just to let you know I am not having the slightest problem running the original 0.9.6.9
download cobra aus
Coral Sea Battle = My Birthday
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

ORIGINAL: CobraAus

just to let you know I am not having the slightest problem running the original 0.9.6.9
download cobra aus

I think I know what the problem is with the other guys, it would appear that after 0.9.6.8 I started experimenting with some of release build settings trying to optimize the code for faster execution which relies on certain hardware instructions. Antway doesn't matter the new Editor X is coming along quite nicely and will easily outperform the old one.

Later
Witp-AE
barnacle bob

Post by barnacle bob »

I downloaded *.8. It works fine.

Thanks.
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

Put up a new version 0.9.7.0 hopefully those who had problems with 0.9.6.9 will have better luck with this one if not 0.9.6.8 is still available. 0.9.7.0 also contains some new fixes.
Witp-AE
Mifune

Post by Mifune »

I have no problems with 0.9.7.0, once again thanks for your effort.
Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

This version works for me to & a request to be inclued in a future version if possible. On the View Scenario screen when you run the Production Summary Report, have resource/oil that are currently disabled included in the breakout of the report maybe within parenthesis to differentiate from those active at scenario start. Currently it shows only that which is active at start & not what will be come available. I think CHS or RHS has some oil/resource centers that start the game disabled but repair over time, this was done to simulate the gearing up of the US war economy for Allied bases but haven't played much on the IJ side so can't say there is the same situation there.

Thanks for excellent work done so far
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

RHS has probably thousands of centers disabled at start - mostly in places like the USA - so production rises over time.

This has two effects:

a) The resource increases as it repairs up (as you might expect)

b) the cost in supply points to repair them goes down (aggregate over time) - meaning that more and more supplies become available for ops - a good model

This was suggested by someone - AKDreemer I think. And if my memory is right - it will be in his mod.
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

Minor update to editor, unable to set suffix to zero - fixed.
Witp-AE
Mifune

Post by Mifune »

Once again thanks for your support and your EditorX.
Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Got some weird messages with latest version..."unable to create empty document" when opening some scenarios ? What is that? Trying to create error log when one already exists ? Didn't cause any problems with using editor though.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Got some weird messages with latest version..."unable to create empty document" when opening some scenarios ? What is that? Trying to create error log when one already exists ? Didn't cause any problems with using editor though.

Is it some scenarios or all scenarios you try to open?

If some which scenarios?

I normally test against stock and I'm not getting any errors like that so there must be something different between your computer and mine which makes debugging a lot harder and also I usually print to a message box in the event of an error. Off the top of my head I don't know if that's a mfc or stl error your're getting I'll have to check.

Just a thought check the directory where you opened the scenario and look for any strange looking file(s) - misnamed or zero sized or something like that and make certain all files are present and no other program is currently using them.

Thanks
Witp-AE
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: BigJ62

Is it some scenarios or all scenarios you try to open?

If some which scenarios?

I normally test against stock and I'm not getting any errors like that so there must be something different between your computer and mine which makes debugging a lot harder and also I usually print to a message box in the event of an error. Off the top of my head I don't know if that's a mfc or stl error your're getting I'll have to check.

Just a thought check the directory where you opened the scenario and look for any strange looking file(s) - misnamed or zero sized or something like that and make certain all files are present and no other program is currently using them.

Thanks

Only some (one?) scenarios. I think it gave me that with either CHS2.08 Scen155 or RHSCVO6.61, don't remember just now which one. It doesn't affect functionality, just have to click those messages away.

Great editor, I use it exclusively nowadays.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

WWII44

Post by WWII44 »

Link doesn't work any more

Return to “Scenario Design”