"World in Flames Collectors Edition Deluxe' by Australian Design group unboxing

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

sullafelix

"World in Flames Collectors Edition Deluxe' by Australian Design group unboxing

Post by sullafelix »

This my fellow wargamers is a game.

http://www.awargamersneedfulthings.co.u ... ctors.html
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Zorch

RE: "World in Flames Collectors Edition Deluxe' by Australian Design group unboxing

Post by Zorch »

Only $379! Buy two copies in case you lose a counter.
sullafelix

RE: "World in Flames Collectors Edition Deluxe' by Australian Design group unboxing

Post by sullafelix »

That is Australian dollars. When I looked it up it was around $100 off that for US.

That being said, a lot of board wargames are now in the $120-150 ball park.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Falken

Post by Falken »

Thank you for this. I bought MWIF in the year in came out, and I'm just now about to finish the tutorial and interactive videos (yeah, I know... I bought the thing years ago, with the hard cover books), and only now getting into it. However, in my defense, i've been playing WITPAE almost full time since then. Anyway, I should start Barbarossa by end of the week, and i've been eyeing the WIF Deluxe box since Warspite1 mentioned it in the MWIF Forums a while back.

This review above has finally done it. I'm in... oh boy, my wife is going to kill me when she finds out I dolled out $400 bucks for this.....
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

How Mrs.Wargamer sees this product.

It would make a great wedding present, for me dear, for me :)

Oh well, the chances of me getting this for a wedding present seem as likely as the wedding. Not.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

Oh well, the chances of me getting this for a wedding present seem as likely as the wedding. Not.
That's what Las Vegas is for. [:)]
wodin

Post by wodin »

Expect a review over at AWNT soonish!!
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

That's what Las Vegas is for. [:)]

Vegas is a town built on gambling and risks. Not for this gal.
Not to mention I'm aware that not all that far away, the US detonated a lot more nukes than most are aware of. I have no desire to see the region.

My idea of a great honeymoon destination is Manitoulin in the winter. Skiing all day, and fireplaces and fur rugs at night and, well think about that for just a bit eh guys. If you want Vegas, fine, you have no imagination :)

And any man that can give me a home where I can set up World in Flames will be quite a catch :)
It's a large map eh.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

I got my copy a couple of weeks ago. Right now I'm busy, so playing is out of question. Every then and now, however, I open the box and look at the components in awe. What a marvel! Which also means that I'm in a conundrum: I don't really see myself punching out the counters and "ruining" this wonderful item. I guess that I'll wait for the forthcoming VASSAL module...

...Which may mean that I bought my first "piece of art": hundreds of dollars spent for something "to admire, not to touch"... [:D]
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

Return to “General Discussion”