Japanese player wanted to play the BTSL mod (closed)

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

von Beanie

Japanese player wanted to play the BTSL mod (closed)

Post by von Beanie »

I'd like to try (for the first time) the Between the Storms Lite mod. It is listed under the header: Scenario Design and Modding--Scanarios for WITEAP--Grand Campaign scanarios. Additional information can be found at: https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/

I can play at least one turn per day (except for the the first turn, which usually takes more than a day to complete).
Proposed settings: Historic first turn with Dec 7th surprise. Auto replacement and upgrades off. Aircraft and ship upgrades off. Variable +-15 days reinforcements. Auto subs off. PDU on.

Other: no 4E naval attacks below 10k except with Navy planes. Applies to both sides.
I'm willing to consider other house rules.
"Military operations are drastically affected by many considerations, one of the most important of which is the geography of the area" Dwight D. Eisenhower
Bullwinkle58

RE: Japanese player wanted to play the BTSL mod

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: von Beanie

Other: no 4E naval attacks below 10k except with Navy planes. Applies to both sides.

Not a big problem for Japan.
The Moose
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

BtSL does have 4-engine bombers for the Japanese
oaltinyay

Post by oaltinyay »

I am in ...I can do up to 2 turns a day. Finished 4 campaigns to end via pbem so I wont leave u until the bitter end
AFBTD

Post by AFBTD »

always when my girlfriend call me "Coward"; i said BUT OF COURSE¡¡..let me think fifteen minutes...wait
mis amigos; EL FRENTE ATLETICO, LA PANDA DEL MOCO, OCHAITA FANS
AFBTD

Post by AFBTD »

okay; not sure if WIN; sent PM one turn per day

sent PM to discuss HR

ARR ready (if wanted); THE COWARDS DRUNKS OIL FASTERS¡ 3 GALLONS 3,75 US DOLLARS

(seriously) send PM
AFBTD

Post by AFBTD »

Ok you go FIRST oaltinyay;
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

BtSL does have 4-engine bombers for the Japanese

Of course it does. How silly of me.
The Moose
ny59giants

RE: Japanese player wanted to play the BTSL mod (reopened)

Post by ny59giants »

I'm here to be on the General Staff of whichever player needs the assistance in this mod. I hope both players do an AAR, but if not, just PM me.
[center]Image[/center]
Falken

Post by Falken »

Can I just say that ny59Giants is really a good person to ask for advice for this mod. Never mind that he also helped tremendously putting this MOD together, but I have always admired his willingness to help out any player trying to play the MOD.

Although my game is currently on hold until my opponent can come back to the fold, ny59Giants has been very gracious in providing me with advice on what to look at for, including how to use combo-HQ units, the use of APD for advance amph assaults, and general advice that not only I have written down, but still use today.

If you are starting the MOD, take a look at any AAR (completed or not), and believe me when I tell you, write down what he has mentioned and take it to heart.

As an example, in my game with Kitakami, if I had actually listened, and did what he said, I would of had a heck of an easier time in getting PI, Malaya, Sumatra and Java. But no,,, I had to do it my way... well... don't make the mistake I did.

Read the AARs for BTSL, and anytime you see an entry from ny59giants, write it down, and FOLLOW IT.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Thanks for the kind words. I know 'beanie' will be going from stock directly to this mod which is DBB based. There will be many new things to adjust to and learn to use effectively.

Any update on whether you have found an opponent Norm? ETA on a game starting?
[center]Image[/center]
von Beanie

Post by von Beanie »

I'm still waiting. The person that made the first offer was unfamiliar with the mod, and then wanted to try other scenarios instead. That's why I put links to the scenario information in my original post. I'm in no rush.

I've now waited ten days, and so I will move on to another PBEM game of WITE.

"Military operations are drastically affected by many considerations, one of the most important of which is the geography of the area" Dwight D. Eisenhower
kfmiller41

Post by kfmiller41 »

are you still interested in playing this, I have played 2 games with this as Japan (one ongoing) and I find it a blast. Am not a great player by any means but am willing to give Japan a go again if you like.
You have the ability to arouse various emotions in me: please select carefully.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”