AWNT game development

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wodin

AWNT game development

Post by wodin »

Hello All,

Work continues on our first game, still early in development but today I've decided to tell you all what game we are converting to PC.

We decided to take on as our first War game conversion something not overly complex and rule heavy but is good fun.

So the game we are working on is Minden Games Combat Leader. Scale man vs man, where there is a gap in market anyway.

Hoping this will be a great little time filler.

Still long by way to go!!

We could have gone for something rule heavy or more main stream, but we decided to start with a smaller project first. We will move into more heavy weight games further down the line, and when we feel we can do a game say like a Wings of Glory conversion justice then we hope to take on this sort of conversion project.
DonCzirr

RE: AWNT game development

Post by DonCzirr »

Sounds good.

Good luck with your line.

Any chance of port to mobile for the more simplistic games ?
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
wodin

Post by wodin »

Would be cool, have to see how easy it will be to convert for devices, if it's possible it's something we'd like to do.

The team consists of just two people. Finally I want us to be known for gameplay and immersion more so than all dancing graphics. Games that fire up imagination through use of chrome.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Glad to hear that you are open to that.

On both PC and Mobile, such a game is needed.

The old Shrapnel games are way too "dated" at this point and (next closest) JTS Squad Battles is not man to man.

The Shrapnel level graphics would be fine in my book as long as they could be played without a lot of "fiddling" on modern OS or if they were published to tablets.

Oh ... and if the first release was on the East Front (perhaps in Stalingrad) I would not be overly disappointed [;)]
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Sort of a modern version of SSI's Computer Ambush? There's a slew of Breach and Clear-type games on Steam, but real WW2 equipment and tactics could be interesting. The Frozen Synapse stuff has zero immersion (for me), so could be good - if that's what you're thinking. Anyway, good luck in development.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Ambitious, but I'd like to see you succeed.

You are right though, not a lot of content out there for single man oriented digital WWII wargame.

I enjoyed playing the Nintendo DS design called T.A.C. Heroes The Big Red One. Simple but fun.
Shrapnel's offering is dated to almost non-relevance.
And Legends of War Patton's Campaign is probably better left forgotten.

I know of a few board games at the single man level that might be fun to see ported to a machine.
I own The Sniper series including Sniper, Hetzer Sniper and Special Forces Sniper.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

Return to “General Discussion”