Game Keys and New PCs

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

lordhoff

Game Keys and New PCs

Post by lordhoff »

I'm assuming the game key on the disc will not work on my new computer, correct? What is the procedure to allow this?
These biting remarks brought to you by Terry and his troops: Legio K IX, King Sarge II Commanding
Jevhaddah

RE: Game Keys and New PCs

Post by Jevhaddah »

The game key should work just fine. I have never had any problems moving to a new PC and the serials are listed in the members section.

Cheers
Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
hadberz

Post by hadberz »

What Jevhaddah said, no limits as far as new computers go. Just built a new one myself and everything installed fine.
AMD 5800X 8 core 3.8 GHz
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi (F63d Bios)
32 GB G-Skill DDR4 3200
MSI Gaming X Trio RX 6950 XT 16GB
Dell S2721DGF 2560x1440 165Hz
Dell S2719DGF 2560x1440 144Hz
Samsung 870 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe drive
Win 11 Pro
lordhoff

Post by lordhoff »

Thanks both. Makes one wonder what the point of even having the keys is, though. Now I just have to get an external DVD drive - apparently newer PCs don't have them (and I thought all did so didn't notice).
These biting remarks brought to you by Terry and his troops: Legio K IX, King Sarge II Commanding
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

Can't you just register your games and get both the installers and the patches via download?
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

Can't you just register your games and get both the installers and the patches via download?

tm.asp?m=4290024
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: lordhoff

Thanks both. Makes one wonder what the point of even having the keys is, though.
You can't install/run the game without it. Reduces piracy.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
lordhoff

Post by lordhoff »

If I want to stay up to three in the morning to start the download, yes. One game download and my bandwidth for the month is used up and I end up slowed down. One negative of living in a remote area.
HunterICX

Post by HunterICX »

^reason I got myself an External Hard Drive [:)] not because of Data cap but I used to have slow internet to begin with thus downloading large setup files where a pain.

Whenever I download the setup file of my purchased game here on Matrixgames I immediately back it up on that drive for safe keeping so I can easily reinstall the whole game in case of a new PC or format.
Alexferguson12

Post by Alexferguson12 »

Nice

Return to “General Discussion”