Where to find the summary bombing results screen

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Major SNAFU_M

Where to find the summary bombing results screen

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

Hi all,

Very new to this game and nearly done reading the manual and still working my way through the tutorial scenarios.

One thing that I have been trying to find is the summary bombing results screen (see any of loki’s AAR threads.

I can find the individual bombing results, but I have worked my way through the interface and I cannot find the correct button of setting to see the results of all the bombing, laid out as in the screenshots in his AARs. Is this something that is not ‘in game’?.

E.g. If I want to see all the results from bomber command, listed by city and target type, in a single report, where do I access this in the interface?

Many thanks in advance,

SNAFU
"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

"One ping to find them all,
One ping to link them;
One ping to promote them all,
and in the darkness sink them"
cfulbright

RE: Where to find the summary bombing results screen

Post by cfulbright »

Shift-D.

Cary
loki100

Post by loki100 »

or use this button:

Attachments
20180502_073044.jpg
20180502_073044.jpg (42.29 KiB) Viewed 124 times
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Is that not the Weather Channel?

I think you want to hit the button that looks like a plane pointing at a chart that is two over to the right from what Loki marked.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Major SNAFU_M

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

Hi all and thanks for the replies.

I have now realized that I was asking the wrong question. The screen I am trying to locate in the interface is the one where you see the air craft icons, with the count of each type for both the attacker and defender, and also the listing of each target attacked for that city, etc.

I can post a pic later if this does not make sense to anyone.

Regards,

SNAFU

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

One ping to link them;
Gunnulf

Post by Gunnulf »

My guess from what you are describing there is still that you want the Air Directive screen. Click shift-D. Or find it in the middle of the info screen tab.
But otherwise a pic would be useful. However wouldn't you have found it then already? Maybe time to click every button in order? :)
"Stay low, move fast"
Major SNAFU_M

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

Hi Gunnulf.

Sadly it was the correct screen the first time. I failed to appreciate the significance of the little blue plus signs. I was out working in the garden when there significance struck me, I went in and tried it and didn’t make back on here to retract my post in time.

Thanks!

SNAFU

One ping to link them;

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”